New in every way

Status
Not open for further replies.

viggoandspike

109504-1044364474.jpg
109504-8353054924.jpg
Hello from Dublin, we are new to Bearded dragons, we had a crested gekko for our 6 year old son and he took such good care of it decided to get a BD as he loves these animals so much. We got a juvenile on 1st of October, his details are below. His name is Spike, he seems quite energetic but, the past couple of days we are a bit concerned about him. If somebody could please help us or point us in the right direction we would be very grateful. Our concern is that he doesnt seem to be eating much, when we first got him, for a couple of days he was eating alot of crickets, 10-20 per day, but the past 3-4 days hes only eating one or 2 a day, and a couple of worms. He has food available all the time as we are getting worried, both greens (different types as recommended by the guy we got him from) and we always make sure there is a cricket or 2 in the tank hoping that he´ll eat them. He has a water dish, a UVA/B basking lamp approx 6 in from the top of a rock. Again, any help would be great, thanks

• Age- 16 weeks
• Size- 6 in
• Size of the enclosure- 28 * 15 * 20 inches
• Temperatures (cool side and basking spot temperatures)- 35 deg C and 30 deg C
• Type of substrate- sand
• Diet- crickets, meal worms, greens, fruit

loljelloclowdz

Juvie Member
remove the substrate and get him proper lighting. That uva/uvb bulb is no good. There is a list of okay uvb bulbs on this site. Also that tank is way too small, you’re going to very quickly need a 40 gallon minimum.
He’s cute though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom