How am I doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! So this is the first time I’ve ever owned a bearded dragon and I’d like to make sure my care is ok as I really care for Kai (my juvenile Beardie) and I want to do my best. I don’t think my care is the best so I’d like some tips.

109349-5949875465.jpg

His enclosure is a 40 gallon tank with a basking spot of around 90 degrees and a cooler side of around 75 degrees. I use digital thermometers from zoo med on each side.
For his diet he eats around 15 crickets a day and a few mealworms, though not often (he isn’t eating a lot but I think it may be from stress since I got him not long ago and he’s still adjusting, and it seems like he’s shedding too.) And I feed him some collard greens and green peppers a few times a week. I always have water available for him in a bowl big enough he can soak in and a small bowl of collard greens. And the empty bowl I sometimes use for feeding times. I handle him almost everyday for around 15 minutes once or twice, though I’m thinking maybe I should stop for awhile as that could add stress, though he doesn’t show any signs of aggression towards me and has even fell asleep on me so I’m not sure. Also, any tips on helping him relax and less stressed?

Looks like a good setup. I would remove the cactus right away if your dragon accidentally catches an eye that's a big vet bill. What's the humidity? I keep mine at a steady 40% I found she likes that the most. I don't keep water in the tank as it adds to the humidity and if that gets too high can lead to health problems. I tend to give her an electrolyte bath once a week, and let her drink at feeding times, I do however keep a small salad in the tank for her to graze on, I have found that big stones help control the humidity too. I am also a fairly new owner it's been a few month's now and we own a large old female named Moni. ?✌️

Monstermutt":226a5fxy said:
I believe the humidity is around 35%, and ok awesome, thanks for the advice!

No worries I hope I can be helpful. Also if you have any new tips to share that you stumble across please do tell! ✌️

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom