Hello Again, it's been a while

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrsNoggin

90153-1398718711.jpg
Hi all, I was here a lot when we got our last beardie, Smaug, but haven't been around for a few years. We lost him a couple of months back, after spending almost a year pipette feeding him blended food and watching him waste slowly away. But while he was still happy, we were. As he became less happy we let the vet do the inevitable. (he was actually a she and had problems with his fertile parts and they eventually affected his digestive system too).

Anyway, I spent a few weeks staring at the empty viv in the corner of the kitchen and couldn't bear it. So we rescued a beardie. She's a total mystery, no history, bit old maybe...? Not the healthiest looking specimen I've ever seen, so I expect I'll be here in the Health forum a lot ?. She's in the middle of a shed, so a bit scruffy, please forgive. But she has such a love fat squishy face and I can't wait to smooch it all over when she's feeling a bit more secure.

Anyway, welcome to Doctor Janthony (yes the kids named her) , our new dragon ❤️

90153-2464366351.jpg

saraho

Hatchling Member
I think you found a lovely girl. Is she sociable? It's so weird that there is no history at all. I hope she's healthy and happy with you.

MrsNoggin

Original Poster
She's sociable so much as she doesn't run anywhere, lol. She lay on me for a good half hour last night watching TV and had a little snooze. But I wouldn't say she seeks outs company.

The rescue place thought she was about six or seven, but didn't actually know.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there ! Need some more pics of the chunky new girl when you have time. Sounds like she's a real sweetie. :) If I can make a suggestion for her enclosure, it's best to get rid of the greenery because lots of beardies love things that are round and green. I know my guys would try to eat that.

MrsNoggin

Original Poster
AHBD":37zby1s4 said:
Hi there ! Need some more pics of the chunky new girl when you have time. Sounds like she's a real sweetie. :) If I can make a suggestion for her enclosure, it's best to get rid of the greenery because lots of beardies love things that are round and green. I know my guys would try to eat that.

Yeah, that one went in the first 5 minutes ?. Obviously this beardo is not quite as suspicious as the last one and straight away went om nom nom. The spikier looking plastic plants she has shown no interest in, so we're keeping them for now, but with a very close eye on them. All suggestions are welcome and gratefully received, I'm running off the experience of only one dragon, and he was very particular.

She's actually underweight and seemingly blind on one side and I have an ongoing thread of paranoia in the health board. But when she's settled a bit more I'll chill out, I'm sure.

She also likes to lie in her breakfast. Soooo she gets two. One for comfort and one for eating.
90153-3966756868.jpg

Now, the biodesert substrate you can probably see in the pic, is in only in one section, under the shelf/cave. She was on it completely in the rescue shop and I wanted to ease her changes gently. The rest of the viv is slate and carpet. She has shown no interest in going in there though, so I'll just get rid of it completely on the next clean out. Especially as the first poop she had was gigantic and mainly sand ?.

I imagine I will be spamming everyone with pictures, no worries there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom