Meet Django

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krawfish

Picked up a new buddy a couple days ago. He's got a huge appetite! So far he's eaten everything I've offered...blueberry, banana, all kinds of greens, crickets, mealworms, etc. Still a little skittish but we'll get there.
109270-3337292806.jpg
109270-7198972683.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Welcome Django-- your tank looks nice- one recommendation and question- does your uvb fixture have a reflector--? If not I recommend one and also I would recommend you put it directly above him-- at this point he's not getting much UVB where it's at and is it a T 5 or a T 8
Karrie

Krawfish

Original Poster
KarrieRee":28pjbrkm said:
Welcome Django-- your tank looks nice- one recommendation and question- does your uvb fixture have a reflector--? If not I recommend one and also I would recommend you put it directly above him-- at this point he's not getting much UVB where it's at and is it a T 5 or a T 8
Karrie

I've been thinking the same thing about placement, I'll have to see what I can do about moving it to the top of the enclosure. It's the 18" Reptisun 10.0, do they come in both t5 and t8? If so, I want to say I have a t8 but I can't be completely sure. I don't believe the fixture has a reflector, can you recommend one? I just grabbed the cheapest one they had at home depot and velcro'd it to the side of the tank.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Look on the bulb itself it will tell you-- I will post a website for you in the morning - home depot fixtures do not have reflectors- you can use the fixture you just need to get a reflector--18" fixtures are T 8's-- I can post websites for fixtures +-what size is your tank?
Karrie

Krawfish

Original Poster
KarrieRee":361bk6ck said:
Look on the bulb itself it will tell you-- I will post a website for you in the morning - home depot fixtures do not have reflectors- you can use the fixture you just need to get a reflector--18" fixtures are T 8's-- I can post websites for fixtures +-what size is your tank?
Karrie

The tank is 36"x18"x18", so I believe 50 gallons. Thank you for all the help! I'll keep an eye out for that website when you get a chance.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom