Meet Django

If you just got a new beardie, introduce your beardie to the community! If you're a newcomer, say hello and introduce yourself.

Meet Django

Postby Krawfish » Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:58 pm

Picked up a new buddy a couple days ago. He's got a huge appetite! So far he's eaten everything I've offered...blueberry, banana, all kinds of greens, crickets, mealworms, etc. Still a little skittish but we'll get there. [Click image to enlarge]
[Click image to enlarge]
Krawfish
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Meet Django

Postby KarrieRee » Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:51 pm

Welcome Django-- your tank looks nice- one recommendation and question- does your uvb fixture have a reflector--? If not I recommend one and also I would recommend you put it directly above him-- at this point he's not getting much UVB where it's at and is it a T 5 or a T 8
Karrie
KarrieRee
BD.org Sicko

Postby Krawfish » Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:58 pm

KarrieRee wrote:Welcome Django-- your tank looks nice- one recommendation and question- does your uvb fixture have a reflector--? If not I recommend one and also I would recommend you put it directly above him-- at this point he's not getting much UVB where it's at and is it a T 5 or a T 8
Karrie

I've been thinking the same thing about placement, I'll have to see what I can do about moving it to the top of the enclosure. It's the 18" Reptisun 10.0, do they come in both t5 and t8? If so, I want to say I have a t8 but I can't be completely sure. I don't believe the fixture has a reflector, can you recommend one? I just grabbed the cheapest one they had at home depot and velcro'd it to the side of the tank.
Krawfish
Newbie Poster

Postby KarrieRee » Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:13 pm

Look on the bulb itself it will tell you-- I will post a website for you in the morning - home depot fixtures do not have reflectors- you can use the fixture you just need to get a reflector--18" fixtures are T 8's-- I can post websites for fixtures +-what size is your tank?
Karrie
KarrieRee
BD.org Sicko

Postby Krawfish » Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:18 pm

KarrieRee wrote:Look on the bulb itself it will tell you-- I will post a website for you in the morning - home depot fixtures do not have reflectors- you can use the fixture you just need to get a reflector--18" fixtures are T 8's-- I can post websites for fixtures +-what size is your tank?
Karrie

The tank is 36"x18"x18", so I believe 50 gallons. Thank you for all the help! I'll keep an eye out for that website when you get a chance.
Krawfish
Newbie Poster

Postby KarrieRee » Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:12 am

So your tank is a 50 gallon -- here is the website for reflectors
http://www.lightyourreptiles.com/miscel ... s-new-hot/
Here is a website for fixtures - these people are out of CA -- you can call them to find out how soon they are shipping https://www.reptilesupplyco.com/wholesa ... o-med.html
Here is the bulb
https://www.reptilesupplyco.com/t5-uvb- ... o-med.html
Karrie
KarrieRee
BD.org Sicko

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Introductions