New beardie/new member

Status
Not open for further replies.

yonose12

I was just posting about some feeding questions and remembered I still need to do one of these introductions! So anyway, here's Bebe my possibly 2 or 3 year old rescue beardie:

108785-5908419872.jpg
She seemed to be stressing about her reflection so I put up the random posters/newsprint. She doesn't seem to mind it and it leads to some good photos.

108785-5533081186.jpg
Don't ever interrupt me while I'm reading the New York Review of Books!

108785-2444137424.jpg
Her new favorite spot for some reason

108785-2971588904.jpg
She fell asleep like this which was really cute but unfortunately not very comfortable for my arm.

I'd love to hear any feedback on her setup. This site has already been an invaluable resource for me, especially for getting her uvb set up (it was not good before) and I've already noticed really positive changes in her behavior. Figured the least I could do is share some photos!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm glad you're able to give her a good home. Setup looks really good. The lights are at an angle which is OK but not optimal. If you can get an adjustable lamp stand or two along with hanging wire for the fixtures (some come with these) then you can hang them directly overhead (and easily change the height to adjust temps).

yonose12

Original Poster
Thanks for the advice! I just got a hanging fixture and now all the lights are directly overhead. Definitely makes it easier to control temps and I haven't noticed her staring at the cool end light, which she used to do sometimes when it was at an angle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matthewsalecia2015
Top Bottom