Pale spot on bearded dragons head

Status
Not open for further replies.
108252-2538686865.jpg
108252-6357304375.jpg
My bearded dragon, Griff randomly developed a pale spot above his eye. He’s been acting normal besides this but I’m just worried as to what it might be. It could be a sunburn maybe but the last time I took him out it was like 5pm and in my screened in area. It doesn’t look like it’s spread but if it did it wasn’t a noticeable amount. (The second picture was taken before the spot appeared)

Hiya it could be a bit of shed that hasnt come off but I'm unsure one of the more experienced members of the form could help u

worried4griff

Original Poster
Update: I don’t know what happened between yesterday and today but he’s really inactive and won’t eat anything. I gave him a bath and he went to the bathroom. He usually gets really excited about worms but he just ignored them. I tried to hold him which he likes but today he tried to jump back into his cage.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Post pics of his tank and lighting please- what are the basking temps and how are you taking them? No stick ons they are inaccurate--
Karrie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
When they shed they can be cranky so that's a factor. Griff is in a full body shed so that most likely explains his behavior.

worried4griff

Original Poster
I’m so sorry for the late reply!! He’s acting normal now so maybe it was a just a fluke but the spot on his head is still there, from what I researched it looks like it could be a bruise which kinda makes sense cause he runs into a lot things or it’s a fungal infection but I don’t know how to tell the difference. I think it hurts him when I touch it cause if I get too close to it when I pet his head he moves away. Here’s all of his cage stuff, I have a digital thermometer.
108252-5356666842.jpg
108252-2830198654.jpg
108252-7620290536.jpg
108252-7510329550.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That just looks like a spot of shed , nothing looks at all like fungus. Just a small spot/blemish that so many beardies get at times and nothing to worry about. :) BTW, did your slimline Zilla UVB fixture have a plastic cover over the bulb ? If so, be sure to take it off because that would block all the uvb. A better bulb to get for that fixture would be the Reptisun 10.0 t5.

worried4griff

Original Poster
Thank you! When does it usually go away? Its been there for about a week and a half and I’ve been giving him his baths. Also I had tried to get the terrarium 10.0 t.5 but it was out of stock everywhere I looked and the old one I had blew out so I had to get one ASAP. Is this the plastic thing your talking about? I had taken a sticker off of the actual light but there’s this plastic thing that doesn’t really seem to come off.
108252-7730410387.jpg

worried4griff

Original Poster
108252-6565705128.jpg
108252-9296923405.jpg
108252-7506695199.jpg
I bought an anti fungal cream that had good reviews for getting rid of yellow fungal on bearded dragons. I didn’t know for sure if it was the yellow fungus but it looked similar to the pictures of beardies with it online and everything I read said not to wait and act on it as soon as you saw the symptoms so I figured I should try and see if it works. I’ve only put the cream on the spot once so far but should I continue to do so just in case?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yeah those spots are fine, sometimes even get them from poking their head under a tight spot or else it's just a tiny bit of shed. Nothing to worry about. :)

worried4griff

Original Poster
Oh my gosh! Okay so I took the casing off of it I honestly had no clue it was on there until you guys had asked about it. The light is on the screen on top which I know is usually not okay cause it absorbs some of the light but I figured since it was a higher bulb then he’s supposed to have anyway it was okay for some of the UVB light to get absorbed.
108252-2046424430.jpg

worried4griff

Original Poster
Also the the light fixture itself is a 18” is that too small? Cause right now I have the heat bulb in a casing that’s supposed to hold the UVB and the heat but I only have the heat bulb in it and the UVB in the Zilla fixture so if I buy a bigger LED light I’m going to have to buy a different casing for the heat bulb. If that makes sense, also is it an urgent matter to buy a new bulb because I will if I have to of course but if it’s not hurting him I would love to hold off for a few months since I just bought the new UVB fixture and bulb 2 months ago. He goes outside a lot too so he gets UV rays there as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom