I have just had these beauties given as the owner was moving

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adamblue

108950-4806949552.jpg
ive just had these 2 beardies given and im hopeing im doin everything right i will attach picures once i figure out how

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Welcome to the forum-- it was nice that they gave you the dragons but I must say dragons should not be kept together --- they are territorial animals and need their own space ---- please separate them ASAP--- males will fight to the death - male/ female the male will want to breed constantly and stress the female out and the female / female one will become dominant and take over basking areas etc...
Karrie

Adamblue

Original Poster
I will get another tank at the weekend thenan seperate them. i didnt know ..but they have been together a cuple year now

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Do you know the sex of the dragons?? Please go over the lighting for them --- improper lighting and basking temps is going to lead to sick dragons-- they should have NO coils for UVB's -- they need a long fixture of 24" w/ a reflector and a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 bulb for a 40+ gallon tank--- so your going to need 2 of everything --- temps need to be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer and need to be 95-110- what size tank is that you have now ?? It looks really low --- if your tank is 12" it is too low -- your going to need something higher to get proper temps and UVB for the dragon --- you dont want anything lower than 16" --- what size tank are they in now?
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom