I have just had these beauties given as the owner was moving

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adamblue

108950-4806949552.jpg
ive just had these 2 beardies given and im hopeing im doin everything right i will attach picures once i figure out how

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Welcome to the forum-- it was nice that they gave you the dragons but I must say dragons should not be kept together --- they are territorial animals and need their own space ---- please separate them ASAP--- males will fight to the death - male/ female the male will want to breed constantly and stress the female out and the female / female one will become dominant and take over basking areas etc...
Karrie

Adamblue

Original Poster
I will get another tank at the weekend thenan seperate them. i didnt know ..but they have been together a cuple year now

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Do you know the sex of the dragons?? Please go over the lighting for them --- improper lighting and basking temps is going to lead to sick dragons-- they should have NO coils for UVB's -- they need a long fixture of 24" w/ a reflector and a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 bulb for a 40+ gallon tank--- so your going to need 2 of everything --- temps need to be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer and need to be 95-110- what size tank is that you have now ?? It looks really low --- if your tank is 12" it is too low -- your going to need something higher to get proper temps and UVB for the dragon --- you dont want anything lower than 16" --- what size tank are they in now?
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom