I have just had these beauties given as the owner was moving

If you just got a new beardie, introduce your beardie to the community! If you're a newcomer, say hello and introduce yourself.

I have just had these beauties given as the owner was moving

Postby Adamblue » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:01 pm

[Click image to enlarge]
ive just had these 2 beardies given and im hopeing im doin everything right i will attach picures once i figure out how
Adamblue
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: I have just had these beauties given as the owner was mo

Postby KarrieRee » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:15 am

Welcome to the forum-- it was nice that they gave you the dragons but I must say dragons should not be kept together --- they are territorial animals and need their own space ---- please separate them ASAP--- males will fight to the death - male/ female the male will want to breed constantly and stress the female out and the female / female one will become dominant and take over basking areas etc...
Karrie
KarrieRee
BD.org Sicko

Postby Adamblue » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:27 am

I will get another tank at the weekend thenan seperate them. i didnt know ..but they have been together a cuple year now
Adamblue
Newbie Poster

Postby KarrieRee » Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:13 am

Do you know the sex of the dragons?? Please go over the lighting for them --- improper lighting and basking temps is going to lead to sick dragons-- they should have NO coils for UVB's -- they need a long fixture of 24" w/ a reflector and a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 bulb for a 40+ gallon tank--- so your going to need 2 of everything --- temps need to be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer and need to be 95-110- what size tank is that you have now ?? It looks really low --- if your tank is 12" it is too low -- your going to need something higher to get proper temps and UVB for the dragon --- you dont want anything lower than 16" --- what size tank are they in now?
Karrie
KarrieRee
BD.org Sicko

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Introductions