Feeding questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTfamily

Hello, how long do you leave live feed in the tank before removing if your bearded dragon doesn’t eat it? Ours has been home with us for 4 days. Still a juvenile. She seems to be more interested in eating her veggies. How far apart should we space our veggie and cricket feedings? Just getting a little worried because she seems to only be eating the veggies. Maybe she’s filling up on the veggies???
Oh and how often do they usually poo?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Feed her veggies in the morning - what are you feeding for insects? Do not leave crickets in the tank - feed one or two at a time you don't want them left in the tank - if she's not eating them she may not like them - you can get some dubia roaches- better for her anyways- she needs protein every day till she's about a year or so and it's great she's eating her salads-- if you need websites for insects/ worms let me know I can post some for you-- usually the poop everyday when babies ad they get older they may poop every couple of days- when they become adults they may not poop for weeks-- make sure your rinsing those greens she will get her water from them-- gutloaded insects w/ carrots or squash will also hydrate her too just don't feed her carrots too to much vit a- visit the feeding board and look for the nutrition website topic -- ignore the kale thing it's a good staple feeder
Karrie

GTfamily

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2hlr5bhe said:
Feed her veggies in the morning - what are you feeding for insects? Do not leave crickets in the tank - feed one or two at a time you don't want them left in the tank - if she's not eating them she may not like them - you can get some dubia roaches- better for her anyways- she needs protein every day till she's about a year or so and it's great she's eating her salads-- if you need websites for insects/ worms let me know I can post some for you-- usually the poop everyday when babies ad they get older they may poop every couple of days- when they become adults they may not poop for weeks-- make sure your rinsing those greens she will get her water from them-- gutloaded insects w/ carrots or squash will also hydrate her too just don't feed her carrots too to much vit a- visit the feeding board and look for the nutrition website topic -- ignore the kale thing it's a good staple feeder
Karrie

Karrie, thank you so much for responding and for your words of wisdom! When we got her the reptile store owner gave us crickets and some powdered vitamins to coat them in. We also have that cricket container with the four tubes. I’m not really loving it. I would love links to your recommended websites. Also, we will do the veggies in the morning. Should we do the live feeds in the afternoons? I will check out the nutrition forums. Just figuring out how to navigate through this forum.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
On the feeding board find the topic nutrition website- there is a link- yes feed her insects in the afternoon- if she wants more salad after that feed her more- just make sure she has 2-3 hrs of basking time after that
www.dubiaroaches.com - get a 10 gallon aquarium or plastic tote to keep them in you can get dubia food to feed along w/ carrots/ squash- you can look at ordering superworms - mealworms- horn worms they are a good hydrating worm they grow really fast so order small amounts- butter worms but they are out of stock now-- wax worms are fatty so feed sparingly-
www.reptilianarts.com good silk worms another good staple feeder--- if ordering in bulk like 50 make sure you get food too you will need to feed them and clean the container out daily- they come small in bulk
www.coastilsilkworms.com
www.mulberryfarms.com they are high on shipping
The worms are good for treats and add balance to their diet-
make sure you have good UVB No Coils--! Basking temps 95-110 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer- no stickons they are inaccurate--
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom