Can my dragon morph

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbyyy

I’m new beard mommy I’m not completely sure how old my dragon is I got him from the pet store 3 weeks ago he’s brown but have like a hint of orange on his back but when I put him in the bath he turns this light tan color. He is just a normal dragon.

Draven88

Hatchling Member
Morph is more of a term used to describe traits that are specifically breed for, such as a Citrus that is yellow in color.

What you are seeing is a reaction that all beardies have of lightening ad darkening their skin. WHen they want to get warmer and absorb more light in onrder to do so they wil darken up as the dark colors absorb more light energy. By placing him in warm bath water he is surrounded by the warmth and is lightening as he does not need to absorb as much light energy for that warmth. This same color generally should be lighter after basking for a bit if temps are high enough. Have you measureed the basking temps and good on UVB setup? If you are unsure post some pics of the setup and temps / UVB used and we can help you make sure everything is setup nice. Its all a bit daunting at first, but we are happy to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom