Newbie here with a new love

Status
Not open for further replies.

WyckydGypsy

Hi I'm new here and recently found myself dragon sitting my neighbor's beardie for the last month. At the age of 61, I never thought that I would fall in love with a bearded dragon! Anyway, his name is Dragon lol I have no clue what I'm doing, but after a lot of reading I learned that he needed a proper setup, so I'm slowly trying to make it better for him. Seems that itll be months more he is here, and it was mentioned recently that he may stay permanently...crossing fingers here. I put some new decorations & hammock in today & he's been very active ever since. I'm hoping it's normal behavior & wondering how long it takes for them toget used to new items...any advice will be greatly appreciated! TIA

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Well welcome --- lets go over his husbandry first ---- what are you using for a UVB ? is it a tube or coil and what is the brand? Basking temps should be 95-110 for a older dragon and those should be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer ---No stick ons they are for ambient temps only-- substrate NO SAND!! It can cause impaction and harbors bacteria - NO colored bulbs they are harmful to their eyes and disrupt their sleep -- what are you feeding him? They will go thru relocation stress so has his eating slowed down? Him being active is good --- what is he doing?
you can post pics of the tank set up and him would be great
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on XIMG at the top of the message box then click on the pic and it should post
Karrie

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Hi and welcome to you and Dragon! ?
I was the same age when I started pet sitting for my son and DIL so they could travel a few times a year. They had 3 dogs and 2 dragons. Now they have 3 dogs and 1 Dragon. The male, Petey, has been with me since Thanksgiving. ? Just being a pet sitter, I spent days online making sure I knew how to care for them. ?
This site has been a godsend for sure. ❤ Please ask if you have any questions, always people willing to help.
-Dee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom