Introducing Hendrix...

Status
Not open for further replies.
108174-274653985.jpg
Soooooo I acquired a baby beardie through an unfortunate incident 2 days ago (I'll go into it further in a later post). He's maybe a month old? Anywho...he's in a pretty sweet set up now. I have the reptisun 10.0 t8 and its inside the take about 9 inches from his basking spot. His basking spot is 109.3 degrees (taking that with a probe and I also have a IR gun) and hes on linoleum. He's eating better than I expected under the circumstances and hes eating super small dubia and bsfl. He will eat about 11 dubia a day, I try and feed him 3 times a day but sometimes he wont eat. Of course he isn't eating his veggies (babies ?) but overall I think hes doing okay.
108174-6272722860.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Welcome to the forum! He looks good. I'm glad you are able to give him a good home. Please let us know if you have any questions about his care and we'll be happy to help. Feel free to also share stories about his adventures.

Grangerl0813

Original Poster
CooperDragon":1izzxf1j said:
Welcome to the forum! He looks good. I'm glad you are able to give him a good home. Please let us know if you have any questions about his care and we'll be happy to help. Feel free to also share stories about his adventures.

Thanks! I really appreciate that...its been quite some time since I had a little baby...I dont think I've ever had one this small lol

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Welcome --- your set up sounds great---- get him started on his salads now tho ---
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder
you can use small superworms 1-3 and your BSFL as salad toppers --- you can get the small super worms from here www.reptilesplus.com
Make sure you add those worms and BSFL in front of him to entice him to the bowl --- I would feed first thing in the morning --- then add your dubias to the salad bowl about an hr later -- and use a glass or ceramic bowl so they cant get out
Karrie

Grangerl0813

Original Poster
KarrieRee":3eet6crm said:
Welcome --- your set up sounds great---- get him started on his salads now tho ---
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder
you can use small superworms 1-3 and your BSFL as salad toppers --- you can get the small super worms from here http://www.reptilesplus.com
Make sure you add those worms and BSFL in front of him to entice him to the bowl --- I would feed first thing in the morning --- then add your dubias to the salad bowl about an hr later -- and use a glass or ceramic bowl so they cant get out
Karrie

Oh awesome! Last thing I heard was kale was bad lol thank you!!

Grangerl0813

Original Poster
WinFam01":1l2d9e7i said:
Congrats. I love his markings, and cool name too.
Thanks!! Yeah I love his name too lol my 7 year old niece picked it out...shes named all of my animals...she is improving though. She named my leopard gecko potato ??

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Potato? Lol! Too funny! ?
Yes that is a tiny one! Glad hes doing well and if you have questions please ask. People here will help you. ❤ Me and my Petey would have been in a bad place without all the help here. ?
-Dee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lil booshka
Top Bottom