Zilla!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Millgirl

Total newbie here but we had been researching for a couple of years before we finally jumped in! We spent a couple of months building his 120 gal terrarium and he has now been with us for 3 days! He is not eating as well as I would like yet but I suspect he is still adjusting and will devolope his big appetite soon! His name isn't the most creative but my kids picked! Haha
92039-917410464.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Cute little bugger -- welcome to the forum--- so the research you did what UVB did you come up w/? And you got digital probe thermometers? I see tile in the tank --- the name I laughed at I have a cat a ragdoll named Godzilla -- Zilla for short
Karrie

Millgirl

Original Poster
We have a t5 10.0 in a sunblaster fixture. Temps are 105-110 under basking spot and 80-85 on cool side. 2 digital thermometers and all lights are mounted inside.
92039-3416072829.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Sounds good make sure your T 5 is approx 12-15 inches from basking decor--- his eating may slow as you mentioned but it will pick up once he goes thru that relocation stress --- but it looks nice -- your tile looks like what I have in my two tanks -- did you get it at Home Depot?

Karrie

Millgirl

Original Poster
The tile actually came from Menards. I hoped it had enough texture to keep from being too slippery but I think I may still need to add some slate tiles as well for him. I feel a little concerned about sticking the little guy in such a big enclosure right away...will he feel less safe or anything odd right now having so much space after coming from a crowded, tiny pet store tank?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
He will be fine :) Nothing bigger than the big outside world he would have naturally been born into :)

I like to start my young dragons in large tanks too. Especially if it's going to be their forever home.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lil booshka
Top Bottom