Zilla!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Millgirl

Total newbie here but we had been researching for a couple of years before we finally jumped in! We spent a couple of months building his 120 gal terrarium and he has now been with us for 3 days! He is not eating as well as I would like yet but I suspect he is still adjusting and will devolope his big appetite soon! His name isn't the most creative but my kids picked! Haha
92039-917410464.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Cute little bugger -- welcome to the forum--- so the research you did what UVB did you come up w/? And you got digital probe thermometers? I see tile in the tank --- the name I laughed at I have a cat a ragdoll named Godzilla -- Zilla for short
Karrie

Millgirl

Original Poster
We have a t5 10.0 in a sunblaster fixture. Temps are 105-110 under basking spot and 80-85 on cool side. 2 digital thermometers and all lights are mounted inside.
92039-3416072829.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Sounds good make sure your T 5 is approx 12-15 inches from basking decor--- his eating may slow as you mentioned but it will pick up once he goes thru that relocation stress --- but it looks nice -- your tile looks like what I have in my two tanks -- did you get it at Home Depot?

Karrie

Millgirl

Original Poster
The tile actually came from Menards. I hoped it had enough texture to keep from being too slippery but I think I may still need to add some slate tiles as well for him. I feel a little concerned about sticking the little guy in such a big enclosure right away...will he feel less safe or anything odd right now having so much space after coming from a crowded, tiny pet store tank?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
He will be fine :) Nothing bigger than the big outside world he would have naturally been born into :)

I like to start my young dragons in large tanks too. Especially if it's going to be their forever home.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom