New Member and mama of rep-child

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riazenobia

Hello everyone:

I have been visiting your site for a while now for answers on questions I was not yet bold enough to ask. A lot of you have helped me with my rep-child and don’t even know it.

THANK YOU!

I brought my baby (Hasguard) home in late January for my young sons bday. We absolutely love Hazy. I’m thinking my beardie was almost about a month when I got them (not sure if he or she yet but I’m leaning toward a he cause I think I see balls ??‍♀️); I’ve only had had Hazy for almost 3 months and I am wondering if our little buddy is too small...

I keep being told different things on how to feed Hasguard and I just don’t feel like I’m doing it right.

Hazy eat crickets in the morning and fruits and veggies throughout the day. He lives collards, carrots, apples and grapes. I just bought some dried pellet type food for just in case I am doing something wrong. Ive been told I e’s too big for the small crickets but where I go it’s hard to fine medium crickets so I get him the large ones.

I dust his crickets daily.

Trying to figure out how to upload photos but in the meantime - how would you recommend I feed a beardie this young? Not sure how old he truly is - possibly 4 mos

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on XIMG at the top of the message box then click on the pic and they should post
Its great hes eating salads now here is a website for nutrition http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html ignore the kale thing its a good staple
Please do not feed him crickets bigger than what he can eat - it could cause impaction if anything feed smaller ones just more of them I am going to give you some websites to order insects and worms from BSFL they are a great staple feeder and you can add those to his salads do not dust feed as many as you want a good supplement to his main feeder
www.symptonbsf.com order large they will last approx 2 weeks on your counter they are also known as calci worms nutri grubs and phoenix worms
www.dubiaroaches.com I recommend these as a staple feeder - they are easy to care for 10 gallon tote or aquarium they dont bite fly stink or chirp --- feed dubia chow and carrots and squash for hydration --- do not feed your dragon carrots tho too much Vit A-- this place also has horn worms a great hydrating worm - they grow fast so order small amounts also butter worms too but everyone is out of these now --
www.reptilesplus.com good place for small super worms they also have dubias and BSFL
http://www.mulberryfarms.com/ a good place for silk worms -- last I checked they were out - another good staple feeder
www.coastalsilkworms.com west coast has them now --- if you order in bulb make sure you get food and feed daily and clean out their containers
www.https://reptilianarts.com
If the insect is too big they usually will not eat them --- so that is why I said get smalls --
Karrie

Riazenobia

Original Poster
Thank you @KarrieRee I definitely may go with the Dubias I keep hearing about them and now that I know the crickets bite I don’t like it. Here’s my little buddy
108096-2235864532.jpg

I’ve had him since January 26th. Should he be bigger? He has to be at least 3 or 4 months. How many times would you suggest I feed him crickets/protein? I was doing 3x a day then I was told that was way too much.

He’s in a 40 gallon tank front doors open, with one basking lamp and a Uv long tube lamp. I also have a night lamp that I use but I’ve been wondering if it’s too much. Right now it’s 90 degrees in my house so I don’t know if I should just turn out the lights at night or what.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
What is the brand and bulb of the UVB your using? It looks like a T 5 and on top of the screen--- you need a piece of basking decor under it if its a T 5 it should be 8-10 inches from that decor piece -- if its a T 8 it needs to be inside the tank and approx 8-10 inches from decor piece --- please get rid of the nite time light if your using one - they disrupt their sleep and can cause long term eye damage - your tank is good at nite if its not falling below 65 --- you need 2 digital probes thermometers - the stick ons are no good for basking temps - and you want your basking temp 105-110 for a baby 95-110 for a juvie/ adult -- but that needs to be taken w/a digital probe - set on basking spot where he sits for 10 minutes -- its good to offer a piece of decor that can offer a gradient heat -- it gives them more options of temps and places to sit to bask
Karrie

WinFam01

Juvie Member
Rep-child, love it, gonna use it. :D

We have the same tank, I like what you have done with yours.
Does your baby actually do anything with the toys?

We got our baby on Feb 16 and are estimating she is around 4-5 months now. She was a little bigger than the other babies there so I think she had been there longer. I think the size of yours is pretty on par with ours. Ours just had a growth spurt so maybe yours is close to that too. All of a sudden she wanted to eat everything we put in front of her, and more of it! Now she's backed down a little bit we could definitely see the growth.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Well, here is a late welcome to the site! Hope you're enjoying your time here so far :)

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom