Baby beardies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone! I have two baby bearded dragons. Their names are Rasputin and Zym. Not sure on the gender yet or age. Rasputin is a beautiful gray/black color where Zym is a gorgeous red/yellow. I bought them from a Country Max about last month. They are both healthy and have a great home. They love snuggles and crickets. I decided to join this site because this is my first time being a mommy of beardies and i have far too many questions. Haha.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Welcome to you and your babies --- first thing I haft to ask are you housing your babies together?
Karrie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Welcome to the site! You came to the right place! Make sure you ask anything you want to know, and spend some time reading through threads here. There is lots to learn! :D

-Brandon

Wolfverliebt

Original Poster
I am currently housing them together. They get along well, i have not noticed any problems between the two. I bought them together and they were housed together where i bought them. I make sure they both eat the right amount of crickets and veggies. Neither seem to be dominant, they share the lights together. Although from what I've noticed, Zym may have german giant in him where as Rasputin does not. Zym is growing rapidly, much larger than Rasputin even though they're the same age and eat the same amounts.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Wolfverliebt":16iy3rue said:
Zym is growing rapidly, much larger than Rasputin even though they're the same age and eat the same amounts.
That is what happens when dragons live together. 1 thrives and 1 doesn't. it's not related to genetics, unfortunately.

They really do prefer their own environments. The only reason they were together at the petstore is because the petstore is in the business of making money. Doesn't make monetary sense to have 1 dragon per tank.

Once there is a size difference, they really do need to be seperated.

-brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mangobango4
Top Bottom