Meet Princess Zelda!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there! My beardie's name is Princess Zelda, but Zelda for short. I just got her a few days ago, and based on a *very rough* measurement, she is about 2 months old. I'm a new beardie momma so I'm having to learn as I go, but hope to find some helpful questions and answers here! I also say "she" but I can't tell what her gender is yet because she's so young, and I'm trying to handle her as little as possible for the first week or so. I can't wait to join this community!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Welcome to the forum - please ask your questions we are here to help post pics of Zelda
Please
Karrie

mrussinovich

Original Poster
KarrieRee":vechnsqx said:
She is cute- what questions did you have?
Karrie
Well, I haven't had her for terribly long yet, but she keeps scratching her head against things like her basking perch and flooring. I know this means she's trying to shed, and I've given her a soak a few days ago, but I can't see any shed (yet.) I have a few beardie groups I'm in that I can also ask, but I wanted to see y'alls opinion? Thanks!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
She is probably going into a shed and it just has not appeared yet --- let them shed on their own do not pick and you can mist her - shes probably having relocation stress so its best not to bath her as it adds more stress to her - misting her will help along w/ a soft tooth brush when she really goes into shed then you can put her in a bath to help soften and loosen the shed -- and use the soft tooth brush on her then it will help loosen what is coming off
Karrie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Welcome to the site! Zelda is very pretty :)

How are things going for you and zelda?

-Brandon

mrussinovich

Original Poster
Claudiusx":7nlulkep said:
Welcome to the site! Zelda is very pretty :)

How are things going for you and zelda?

-Brandon

Things are doing pretty well, but I have the wrong sized crickets for her! I ordered 1000 small crickets and the shipment was messed up so I got 1000 adults. I am making due at the moment, and am re-ordering more crickets of the right size, but probably less at this point. I'm starting to train her to get used to me, but she keeps trying to scamper off and she is FAST. Just a day at a time at this point...

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Too bad about the crickets!

Yeah, they can be quite flighty when they are young lol. But they warm up to humans eventually :)

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom