New Beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I just got princess a little over a week ago and have constantly been googling questions. This website always came up so I decided to join and see if any of you would be able to help. Shes about 5 inches so i'm assuming shes around 2 months old. I have given her crickets, mealworms, and dubias, so far shes only been eating around 2-4 insects a day and a tiny piece of veggie if I feed it to her. Ive been using calcium powder with D3, repta boost, all the right lighting, and tank supplies, but I still feel like there’s something else I can do. Along with her probably being stressed about a new environment shes been eye bulging and scratching against her hide like crazy. Stress and shedding isn't making her develop an appetite any quicker and I want to do everything I can to help her! Sorry for such a long post and possibly over reacting A LOT...If you have any tips for getting her to eat more and help with face shed please let me know.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Gabby, if you post this in the health section down below you can start a thread for your new dragon + get all your questions answered. :)

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi Gabby,

I went ahead and moved your post into the introductions section since this is your first post here :)
So, Welcome to the site! :)

Like AHBD mentioned, you we have different sections here on the site that will help you get better answers to your specific questions.

A lot of times they get grumpy when they shed and their appetites suffer a bit. As long as your husbandry is proper, everything will be fine :) So in that regard, make sure you spend a bit of time here reading through some threads to get a good grasp on proper husbandry. And ask questions if you have any!

-Brandon

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
Welcome! A lot of dragons lose some appetite when shedding. Since she is so small I would avoid a bath, which is often recommended to help shed. If she lets you a wet cotton ball over her head and body can be similar to a bath. Any scales ready to come off benefit from getting wet then drying off. Because they expand with water then shrink when dry, but only if the scales are already quite loose from layers underneath.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom