Page 1 of 1

Welcome Home Bowser

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:50 am
by yanchus17
Hello everyone.

My friend recently had to rehome his beardie as he has been at home less and less and wants to make sure Bowser is well-loved and taken care of. Bowser is about 18 months old and we picked him up last Saturday.

[Click image to enlarge]


He seems to be quite happy and comfortable in his new "castle". This group has been a wealth of information and so glad I found it!

Sidenote - my name is Dylan and I am in Ontario, Canada haha. Happy to be here.

Re: Welcome Home Bowser

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:40 pm
by KarrieRee
Welcome bowser-- what are you using for substrate? I think I posted on another post of yours
Karrie

Re: Welcome Home Bowser

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:41 pm
by DragonPete
Welcome Bowser and Dylan! Glad you found us! 🤗
Any questions or concerns, please ask. Lots of experienced people here to help you both get settled.
Beautiful Dragon too!! ❤
-Dee

Re: Welcome Home Bowser

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:52 am
by yanchus17
KarrieRee wrote:Welcome bowser-- what are you using for substrate? I think I posted on another post of yours
Karrie


Yes you did Karrie :)

Just reptile carpet at the moment. I am actually about to grout my tile in the new enclosure. Its a front loader and will hopefully make things a bit easier instead of having to move the lights everytime to take off the lid.

Re: Welcome Home Bowser

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:55 am
by KarrieRee
If you grout the tile it may be harder to clean - I have tile and left mine loose w/ a thick shop paper towel underneath to catch the urate /watery stuff - it make it easier to pull tile and clean
Karrie

Re: Welcome Home Bowser

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:00 am
by yanchus17
KarrieRee wrote:If you grout the tile it may be harder to clean - I have tile and left mine loose w/ a thick shop paper towel underneath to catch the urate /watery stuff - it make it easier to pull tile and clean
Karrie


I thought about doing something like that but opted for grouting. I like the idea of things being sealed up. I have also been doing a "deeper" clean once a week (on top of spot cleaning). While my wife gives him a bath, I do a nice clean of the enclosure.

Re: Welcome Home Bowser

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:13 am
by DragonPete
yanchus17 wrote:
KarrieRee wrote:If you grout the tile it may be harder to clean - I have tile and left mine loose w/ a thick shop paper towel underneath to catch the urate /watery stuff - it make it easier to pull tile and clean
Karrie


I thought about doing something like that but opted for grouting. I like the idea of things being sealed up. I have also been doing a "deeper" clean once a week (on top of spot cleaning). While my wife gives him a bath, I do a nice clean of the enclosure.

If I can make a suggestion, more experienced people please chime in, if you're going to grout, maybe use a safe, waterproof sealer over the grout. As I understand it, grout isn't waterproof, it's still somewhat porous. If so, it may hold odors/bacteria from Dragon poo, etc. Sounds logical to me but hey! Im still a newb! Lol! 😆
-Dee

Re: Welcome Home Bowser

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:16 am
by yanchus17
DragonPete wrote:[quo
If I can make a suggestion, more experienced people please chime in, if you're going to grout, maybe use a safe, waterproof sealer over the grout. As I understand it, grout isn't waterproof, it's still somewhat porous. If so, it may hold odors/bacteria from Dragon poo, etc. Sounds logical to me but hey! Im still a newb! Lol! 😆
-Dee

That's exactly what I planned Dee :) Just have to give it plenty of time to cure and stop off gasing.

Re: Welcome Home Bowser

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:19 am
by DragonPete
Whew! Good then I was on the right track.😜 Seemed logical to me.🤔
Enjoy your new addition!🤗
-Dee

Re: Welcome Home Bowser

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:23 am
by yanchus17
DragonPete wrote:Whew! Good then I was on the right track.😜 Seemed logical to me.🤔
Enjoy your new addition!🤗
-Dee

Thank you Dee :)

Re: Welcome Home Bowser

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:06 am
by Claudiusx
It's late, but welcome to the site! :D

-Brandon