Welcome Home Bowser

Status
Not open for further replies.

yanchus17

Hello everyone.

My friend recently had to rehome his beardie as he has been at home less and less and wants to make sure Bowser is well-loved and taken care of. Bowser is about 18 months old and we picked him up last Saturday.

107583-4864950674.jpg

He seems to be quite happy and comfortable in his new "castle". This group has been a wealth of information and so glad I found it!

Sidenote - my name is Dylan and I am in Ontario, Canada haha. Happy to be here.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Welcome bowser-- what are you using for substrate? I think I posted on another post of yours
Karrie

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Welcome Bowser and Dylan! Glad you found us! ?
Any questions or concerns, please ask. Lots of experienced people here to help you both get settled.
Beautiful Dragon too!! ❤
-Dee

yanchus17

Original Poster
KarrieRee":32e7ev3h said:
Welcome bowser-- what are you using for substrate? I think I posted on another post of yours
Karrie

Yes you did Karrie :)

Just reptile carpet at the moment. I am actually about to grout my tile in the new enclosure. Its a front loader and will hopefully make things a bit easier instead of having to move the lights everytime to take off the lid.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
If you grout the tile it may be harder to clean - I have tile and left mine loose w/ a thick shop paper towel underneath to catch the urate /watery stuff - it make it easier to pull tile and clean
Karrie

yanchus17

Original Poster
KarrieRee":3chth2n5 said:
If you grout the tile it may be harder to clean - I have tile and left mine loose w/ a thick shop paper towel underneath to catch the urate /watery stuff - it make it easier to pull tile and clean
Karrie

I thought about doing something like that but opted for grouting. I like the idea of things being sealed up. I have also been doing a "deeper" clean once a week (on top of spot cleaning). While my wife gives him a bath, I do a nice clean of the enclosure.

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
yanchus17":190rvtal said:
KarrieRee":190rvtal said:
Karrie

I thought about doing something like that but opted for grouting. I like the idea of things being sealed up. I have also been doing a "deeper" clean once a week (on top of spot cleaning). While my wife gives him a bath, I do a nice clean of the enclosure.
If I can make a suggestion, more experienced people please chime in, if you're going to grout, maybe use a safe, waterproof sealer over the grout. As I understand it, grout isn't waterproof, it's still somewhat porous. If so, it may hold odors/bacteria from Dragon poo, etc. Sounds logical to me but hey! Im still a newb! Lol! ?
-Dee

yanchus17

Original Poster
DragonPete":1lhuke1y said:
[quo
If I can make a suggestion, more experienced people please chime in, if you're going to grout, maybe use a safe, waterproof sealer over the grout. As I understand it, grout isn't waterproof, it's still somewhat porous. If so, it may hold odors/bacteria from Dragon poo, etc. Sounds logical to me but hey! Im still a newb! Lol! ?
-Dee
That's exactly what I planned Dee :) Just have to give it plenty of time to cure and stop off gasing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom