Newbie to the forum and beardies!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harmz01

Hello, we just adopted our first bearded dragon for my son. He is in love with him but still a bit skittish of handling him. I dont know if hes afraid he will hurt him, or if Corwin (our beardie) will hurt him lol. We adopted Corwin so he is over a year old, but was neglected and came in malnourished. So we are struggling to get him interested in veggies as all he wants are his crickets. We are still figuring out some things, and the 4 nights we have had him. I have thought every night that he has died. He gets mad when I poke him to make sure hes ok though. Maybe someday I'll get used to it. Glad to be here so I can fine tune our setup and learn more about our new member of the family.
107581-7955716909.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Welcome to the forum! Corwin is a good looking dragon. It helps to make sure you are supporting both of their hands and feet when holding them. They don't like being off balance and will flail if not supported. It's not harmful but might be scary at first. They also don't like the sensation of falling so it's best to put them down slowly so they don't panic. You'll get the hang of it soon.

Be patient with the veges it may take time for him to get used to it. Just keep offering a variety and you'll (hopefully) come across some favorites. I've had good luck cutting green and yellow squash into worm shapes and offering them by hand to create some movement.

76248-9983280538.jpg

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Welcome to Corwin and family! So glad he found a good home. ?
Take your time, everyone will adjust and settle in. ?
Funny! That's exactly how I cut my Petey's summer squashes. ? I grate hard, winter squashes, sweet potato and carrot and just sprinkle some on top of his salad. Seems to work for us. But, like people, every Dragon is different, too. ☺
-Dee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom