***First Time Beardie Mom***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steph4158

Hello everyone, from Knoxville, TN. I am very excited to find this group online...Very informative & I can use all the advice I can get. This is the first beardie I habe owned, actually first reptile I have owned. This is all new to me and I will apologize in advance if it seems I don't know much, but the truth is...I really don't know much. But I am learning so much just being on this website. I will be grateful for any advice at all.
Thanks,
Stephanie H.
107515-7425318085.jpg

S/he is so cute! I just got a baby too. (Technically for my son but may as well be mine since I'll be the one actually taking care of it lol). I've had adults in the past, but this is my first baby.

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Steph4158":3ob9m7yb said:
Hello everyone, from Knoxville, TN. I am very excited to find this group online...Very informative & I can use all the advice I can get. This is the first beardie I habe owned, actually first reptile I have owned. This is all new to me and I will apologize in advance if it seems I don't know much, but the truth is...I really don't know much. But I am learning so much just being on this website. I will be grateful for any advice at all.
Thanks,
Stephanie H.
107515-7425318085.jpg
Hi Stephanie! Welcome to the site! I've only been here a few months myself but can tell you, if you have any questions or concerns don't hesitate to ask. Many knowledgeable and helpful peeps here. Glad you found us!
-Dee

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Welcome to the forum----- please tell us what your using for your set up UVB brand and bulb -- the baby looks so cute looking out his glass -- and if your just using the stick ons to get temp please invest in some digital probes - the stick ons are not accurate for basking temps - you also might want to invest in a infrared heat gun - the probes can be bought at petco or petsmart for $5 and the gun from your local home improvement store -- - your baby will go thru relocation stress so hes eating will slow down but he should not quit eating all together -- here is a website for nutrition
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html -- butter worms can also be used as well - feed salad w/ your enticers first thing in the morning and make sure you let him see you put them in the bowl it will get his attention to the bowl and then add your staple feeder like dubia roaches or crickets like an hour or so later just so he has time to eat some of his veggies - crickets are harder to use as they jump so you might have to disable them by pulling a leg off - the dubias are easier to use and better nutrition wise anyway - the dubias are easier to keep - you can use a 10 gallon aquarium or tote and feed them carrots for hydration and dubia food / or things your dragon eats - they like squash sweet potato -- if you have any more questions please ask
Karrie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi Stephanie,

Welcome to the site!

First reptile? How exciting! How are you doing so far as a beardie mom? :)

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zypted
Top Bottom