***First Time Beardie Mom***

If you just got a new beardie, introduce your beardie to the community! If you're a newcomer, say hello and introduce yourself.

***First Time Beardie Mom***

Postby Steph4158 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:37 am

Hello everyone, from Knoxville, TN. I am very excited to find this group online...Very informative & I can use all the advice I can get. This is the first beardie I habe owned, actually first reptile I have owned. This is all new to me and I will apologize in advance if it seems I don't know much, but the truth is...I really don't know much. But I am learning so much just being on this website. I will be grateful for any advice at all.
Thanks,
Stephanie H.
[Click image to enlarge]
Steph4158
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: ***First Time Beardie Mom***

Postby Momofboys3425 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:54 am

S/he is so cute! I just got a baby too. (Technically for my son but may as well be mine since I'll be the one actually taking care of it lol). I've had adults in the past, but this is my first baby.
Momofboys3425
Newbie Poster

Postby DragonPete » Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:13 pm

Steph4158 wrote:Hello everyone, from Knoxville, TN. I am very excited to find this group online...Very informative & I can use all the advice I can get. This is the first beardie I habe owned, actually first reptile I have owned. This is all new to me and I will apologize in advance if it seems I don't know much, but the truth is...I really don't know much. But I am learning so much just being on this website. I will be grateful for any advice at all.
Thanks,
Stephanie H.
[Click image to enlarge]

Hi Stephanie! Welcome to the site! I've only been here a few months myself but can tell you, if you have any questions or concerns don't hesitate to ask. Many knowledgeable and helpful peeps here. Glad you found us!
-Dee
DragonPete
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby KarrieRee » Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:05 am

Welcome to the forum----- please tell us what your using for your set up UVB brand and bulb -- the baby looks so cute looking out his glass -- and if your just using the stick ons to get temp please invest in some digital probes - the stick ons are not accurate for basking temps - you also might want to invest in a infrared heat gun - the probes can be bought at petco or petsmart for $5 and the gun from your local home improvement store -- - your baby will go thru relocation stress so hes eating will slow down but he should not quit eating all together -- here is a website for nutrition
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html your baby should be eating salads every morning - his diet should consist mainly of insects dusted w/ calcium D3 5 x per week and vitamins 2 x per week - you can get some BSFL from here https://symtonbsf.com/ to entice him to the glass bowl that insects / worms cant get out of - they are a great staple feeder and they do not need to be dusted - you can also use some small super worms 1-3 to lure him to the bowl as well - you can get them from here https://reptilesupply.com/collections/s ... s-for-sale -- butter worms can also be used as well - feed salad w/ your enticers first thing in the morning and make sure you let him see you put them in the bowl it will get his attention to the bowl and then add your staple feeder like dubia roaches or crickets like an hour or so later just so he has time to eat some of his veggies - crickets are harder to use as they jump so you might have to disable them by pulling a leg off - the dubias are easier to use and better nutrition wise anyway - the dubias are easier to keep - you can use a 10 gallon aquarium or tote and feed them carrots for hydration and dubia food / or things your dragon eats - they like squash sweet potato -- if you have any more questions please ask
Karrie
KarrieRee
BD.org Sicko

Postby Claudiusx » Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:27 am

Hi Stephanie,

Welcome to the site!

First reptile? How exciting! How are you doing so far as a beardie mom? :)

-Brandon
Follow along with all my beardies. Check out my thread here!: Claud's Crew
P.S. We have lots of pictures ;)
Click here if you use a Sunblaster fixture - IMPORTANT
Claudiusx

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Introductions