New Beardie Owner Check-up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SusPlant

Hello, all! My name is Dillon and this lil guy's name is Drogon (Drogo or Drogie for short!) :D He is my first bearded dragon, but not my first reptile...brought him home about 2 weeks ago! I've been having helluva time trying to find out what he likes and really struggling to get him to eat more than 3-4 medium-sized dubias or 1-2 medium-sized hornworms in a single session. He's about 9 inches long so about 4 months old, the shop didn't have exact age info. He does eat some kale every now and then, I always make sure to offer him fresh kale/carrots (but he doesn't seem to care for carrots too much, lol). Overall he is quite active and a bit skittish still too, but loves to drink right out of my palm when I give him his daily misting! Just wanted to see what you guys think, see if he looks overall healthy to you guys from a glance and get some pointers! I love him so much already and want to make him the happiest and healthiest boy I can at all times :D
9stn06J.jpg
4vWUL0s.jpg
3a1ilZi.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Here is a website for nutrition http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html give him a variety of greens - you can add some BSFL on top of his salads to entice him to the glass bowl that the worms and bugs cant get out of- they are a staple feeder so you can use as many as you want - you want him eating his greens / salads now - so I would give him that first thing in the morning w/ some BSFL on top along w/ maybe 1-3 super worms - no more than that as they get addicted to them - you can order BSFL from here https://symtonbsf.com/ then after an hour or so of eating his salads take a little of the veggies out and add his staple feeder like dubia roaches -- make sure you wash his salads or mist them before serving he will get alot of hydration out of those - what kind of lighting are you using in your tank --- please NO coils ---
Karrie

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
He looks fine to me, and very familiar... (like spitting image!) :lol:

I have a hard time finding greens & veggies ZaRDoZ will eat, but he's a roach & worm vacuum.
The two greens he seems to like/tolerate best are turnip greens and cilantro (coriander).
I found that if I cut/tear the greens up into mouthful-sized pieces, and mix them in with his num-nums (bugs), he's more inclined to eat the salad with his steak. (If it isn't moving, he won't eat it.)

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Welcome to the site!

He looks great :)

Make sure you stick around and spend some time reading through the forums, you will learn a lot :)

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom