Say hello to Pancake! First time owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancake2020

Hello everyone!

First of all, I have to thank the moderators of this site. I used this website countless times during my research prior to buying my first beardie and continue to refer to it as questions come up. This site is rad!

I wanted to share pictures of my beautiful lil (now juvenile?) bearded dragon, Pancake. I suspect that Pancake is female (straight line along vent), but I'm not sure if it's too early to tell. I just finished up building her new enclosure, and she's loving her new home. We've been best friends since I rescued her from the pet store on December 30th 2019.

I attached a photo of how big she was when I first got her as well as up to date photos of how much she's grown since. I'm guessing she's around four or five months old now?

She gets around 10-15 3/8" gut loaded dubia roaches twice a day dusted with calcium (and a d3 supplement three times a week). I've been feeding her turnip or collard greens once a day and cilantro as a treat (not every day though, I've heard that it's acidic and bad in high quantities).

She gets a bath at minimum three times a week (more often during shed). Pancake is active, has healthy poo, a ravenous appetite, and is really sweet and easy to handle. I have a temperature gradient from 85-110F in her 4x2x2' enclosure with a 3ft reptisun uvb 10.0 t5 high output bulb with a reflector and different levels she can climb to to get closer to the uvb/basking lamps. I'm using drawer liner as a substrate but have a section of vinyl tile she can scratch on.

Any advice/critique here is appreciated!

Thanks,
Anthony and Pancake

P.S. Anyone have any ideas on this particular color morph? I was told she was either lemon citrus or super citrus. Her nails are black and does not have solid black eyes.

107443-9064232008.jpg
107443-303835716.jpg
107443-704846401.jpg
107443-1174414270.jpg
107443-1128292727.jpg
107443-3306713002.jpg
107443-4536990062.jpg

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Hello Pancake, Welcome to our little circle of dragon enthusiasts!!! If you have a problem, discuss it with (Anthony, your owner) "I mean slave" and have him post it on here. We will get you through it little buddy.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Welcome to the site Anthony! Glad to have you here :)

Pancake sure is a nice looking dragon :)
Did you build her enclosure yourself?

Color really isn't a morph, it's more of a trait. Morphs are more so genetic mutations, such as hypos and trans.

However, it does appear that pancake is a leatherback. Not a super smooth one, but still a leatherback. So her morph would be a leatherback. As far as citrus, etc. Those are really just fancy descriptions for color. You can call her a yellow leatherback, a citrus leatherback, or a lemonysunfire leatherback. My point is, color descriptions are just that, there is no set standard for terms to describe their color, as it's not as cut and dry as a dragon having or not having an actual morph :)

That got a little rambly sorry. Hope that made sense!

-Brandon

Pancake2020

Original Poster
claudiusx":3a607fq1 said:
Welcome to the site Anthony! Glad to have you here :)

Pancake sure is a nice looking dragon :)
Did you build her enclosure yourself?

Color really isn't a morph, it's more of a trait. Morphs are more so genetic mutations, such as hypos and trans.

However, it does appear that pancake is a leatherback. Not a super smooth one, but still a leatherback. So her morph would be a leatherback. As far as citrus, etc. Those are really just fancy descriptions for color. You can call her a yellow leatherback, a citrus leatherback, or a lemonysunfire leatherback. My point is, color descriptions are just that, there is no set standard for terms to describe their color, as it's not as cut and dry as a dragon having or not having an actual morph :)

That got a little rambly sorry. Hope that made sense!

-Brandon

Brandon,

Thanks for clearing that up for me! And yes I built her enclosure using 3/4" melamine.

Pancake2020

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2itqvue6 said:
You tank is nice -- what is the distance for your UVB ? It should be 12-15 inches from basking decor--- no closer since its inside the tank -- you have her on a good diet--- here is a website for nutrition
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
Karrie

Karrie, my UVB is 16 inches from the ground. I just read that the sunblaster reflector for my fixture is bad in a recent article on this site... At the highest point, Pancake is about 6 inches from the bulb. I have the fixture on a chain though so I can change the height of you think it should be raised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mangobango4
Top Bottom