Baby Pheobe

Status
Not open for further replies.
HI!

I'm brand new to bearded dragon care, I've wanted one for a long time and I happened to come across this angel! her name is Pheobe (named after the titan in Greek mythology) and she's about 7 inches long, which I was told was 2 months old but I might be wrong, feel free to let me know if I am. She loves fish, she'll stare and run at my fish tanks for hours, hates baths with a passion. She loves mealworm treats but weirdly doesn't seem very interested in her crickets. I'd love some advice on how to get her to eat her veggies, I have a feeling she has never been given any until now. She looks like a citrus translucent morph to me, but all the knowledge I have is just looking at pictures of other dragons online. I'd love to know if she looks healthy and happy, I'm still learning the trade lol, and any advice for a newbie would be great!

Thanks so much!

107439-6369572207.jpg
107439-8337390083.jpg
107439-7592704962.jpg
107439-3557044841.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Welcome little Phoebe --------------- please post pics of her tank and lighting
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on XIMG at top of message box then click on the pic it should post -- we want to get you off to a great start so we need to see exactly what your using for lighting and go from here --- I can give you some tips on how to get her to eat her vegies -- but first I want to see what you have going for the lighting -- basking temps and how your taking them and UVB are the TWO MOST IMPORTANT THINGS in that tank --- if one or both are off your baby will quit eating --- it is normal for them to slow down on eating but NOT to quit all together so w/ that being said we need to see what the lighting is and basking temps are and how they are being taken
Karrie

DerangedLava

Original Poster
Pheobe has her own 20 gallon tank (I plan to upgrade size to a 55 in the next few weeks). She has a reptisun 5.0 uvb for her cooler side (I have a 10.0 on the way, should be here in 2 days), an infrared night light and basking light, both 100 watts. I also have more wood on the way for her to climb on and new temperature and humidity gages (I don't trust the stick on ones) but, if the stick on is right she's basking in 100 F right now. I also plan on getting her a background, make it more authentic for her so she's more comfy. It's right next to my betta tank so she can stare at them all-day.
107439-9191322564.jpg
107439-5397486133.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
How cute she has her own beardie tv-- ok so ditch the red light they are bad for the eyes and disrupt sleep-- the 10.0 T 8 needs to go inside the tank--- approx 8-10 inches from basking decor- that stick on s giving you ambient temp- digital probe will give actual basking temps- her basking temps could go warmer 105-110- if you can give her a piece of wood that offers different spots to sit like a gradient heat that would be great-if you need heat to keep your tank above 65 at nite get a CHE--- they produce heat only no light--- I will give you tips and websites tomorrow for getting your baby to eat their veggies/ salads--- also you can use long plastic zip ties - picture wire hangers- fishing line- 3m Velcro fasteners-- shoe laces to hang fixture
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
It is imperative to try and get them to eat their veggies when they are babies - too often they wont eat them when they get older and just want bugs so you can try this- get a glass bowl one that worms cant get out of - get some small - medium super worms you can find them here if you cant get them where you live www.reptilesplus.com you can order some butter worms as well from these guys along w/ dubia roaches- they are a great staple feeder and work well for the dishes - make sure you order the bug no bigger than the size between her eyes-- I would also get some BSFL from here www.symtonbsf.com they are another great staple feeder they do not need to be dusted - order large ones - now feed your salads / veggies first thing in the morning -- add your super worms 1-3 to your salad along w/ your BSFL on top - make sure you do this in front of her it will get her attention to that bowl - you can feed as many BSFL as you want - let her eat from that bowl for say a hr or longer then feed her the staple feeder - shes going to eat more bugs than veggies but as long as you can get her to start eating those veggies now she will continue to eat them - she needs to have her bugs dusted 5 x per week w/ calcium D3 and vitamins 2 x per week - you can use butter worms as well to entice to bowl - its good to give them a variety of bugs and worms - horn worms are a good hydrating worm but those grow really fast so if you order them order small amounts - the BSFL and dubia roaches are good staple feeder along w/ silk worms - you can get those from here when they are back in stock again www.reptilianarts.com or www.mulberryfarms.com -- both places have good silk worms also if you order alot make sure you get chow they eat alot -- here is a website for nutrition http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
I would look at getting your staple feeder for the most part dubia roaches --- they are the easiest to care for and a lot less stinky like crickets --- you can get a 10 gallon aquarium / tote feed them dubia food or food you feed your dragon along w/ carrots for hydration - here is another website for dubias www.dubiaroaches.com they are also a good place to order from - fast and nice bugs / worms if you have any more questions please ask
Karrie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Welcome to the site! :)

In addition to the above advice, make sure you have an accurate means to measure temperatures. Preferably a digital thermometer with probe end. Nothing is more important to their health than proper temperatures, so having a proper device is really a must :)

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom