I’m not new but I want to learn more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey so I just have a few questions, like do I need to take my beardie to the vet for a check up? Or if I just keep a close eye on her she will be fine? Can I kiss my beardie? What can I use to clean her cage because water doesn’t work?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Well here's your official welcome to the site even if it is a few days late :p

You dont need to go to vets for check ups. Not unless it makes you feel more comfortable and you trust your vet. However it is a good idea to maybe make an appointment to get to know your vet and see if you feel confident with their knowledge of dragons.

I'm sure you'll get mixed opinions on kissing your dragon. I see people doing it all the time. I wouldnt personally. But then again, being out in public touching things all day and then eating with your hands is probably just as risky...so your choice lol.

A lot of people use a vinegar and water solution. You can get veterinary disinfectant to use also. Or you can use a steamer to sanitize the tank.

-Brandon

Wickedpogana

Juvie Member
ajpollnow18":3p5guwwa said:
Hey so I just have a few questions, like do I need to take my beardie to the vet for a check up? Or if I just keep a close eye on her she will be fine? Can I kiss my beardie? What can I use to clean her cage because water doesn’t work?
If he doesn't have signs of fungus or sick looking poop you shouldnt worry about the vet unless obvious injury I kiss my dragon gets them use to you and your scent makes him more aware you won't harm them I also put one of my beanies in the enclosure when he it gets dark It gets him use to your scent and it keeps him cozy for sure and like Brandon said use water and vinger for your deep cleans as in when u remove decor and substrate but if u have a bioactive substrate you really wouldn't have to clean as much but usual spray downs like poop off drift wood or calcium stains just use water and wipe down with paper towels And when ou do the mixture of white vinegar and water to clean make sure your enclosure airs out before putting him back in it can cause eye irritation clean your hands after touching him but most importantly before touching him

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
Welcome! Plenty of people aren't really new. I had a dragon growing up, but I want to do better than kid me did. This place is for everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom