My new baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeT

My first beardie was Rocky - a citrus. I had to have him put down just over 2 years ago due to cancer. He was about 8 1/2 years old. He loved being outside and especially swimming with me.

I have a new baby now. CJ. i have had him for about 2 weeks. i assume he/she is about 2-3 months old.
-
full

full

Loves to run around me, the couch the floor. Did well on a couple Jeep rides. Loves to latch on with all 4 legs to my finger and take a nap. Does not so much like bath time in the sink. Loves to climb on the fake leafy greens in his/her tank. Favorite place to sleep right now is curled up kinda inside my fist.....obviously fingers aren't fully closed.
Eats his collard greens (or kale) with cilantro and yellow quash every morning.
Goes crazy over Dubia roaches and phoenix worms.

I went to the pet store. He seemed the most alert and was following my finger. I had him pulled out. He opened his mouth and bit down on my finger twice. I knew right off this was the one. :D

I have the same tank set up as I did with Rocky.

MikeT

Original Poster
Tank is 20 gallon. He isn't big enough for the 40 gallon yet.
Repticarpet
things to hide under and lay on. Fake leafy greens to climb on and hide in.
ReptiSun 10.0 UVB 24" T8 on top of mesh
75W CHE on the left. 100W UVA basking lamp in middle. Unused light fixture on right. Has a 100W incandescent bulb in it. Was having trouble regulating tank temps but good now so I dont turn it on.
CHE is always on. Lights come on with a timer at 7am and off at 7pm.
105-110 o hot side. Food and water on cooler side ~80F
My humidity and dual zone thermometer battery died so it isn't in the tank at the moment.

full

Closer image of CJ hiding in the leafy greens. He loves climbing on those.

full

His favorite place to nap/sleep is in my hand. He does not like to let go when I try to put him back in his tank.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
The T 8 is good but I would get rid of the screen it's blocking 30% of those rays-- w/ out the screen it should be 8-10 inches from basking decor-- he / she is adorable-
Karrie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Welcome Mike!

Wow too bad about Rocky. It's hard when you have them for so long.

But CJ looks like a cutey! How is he settling in now?

-Brandon

MikeT

Original Poster
CJ had no issues at all with relocation. He hates bath time in the sink. I stick my finger in front of him in the tank and he crawls up on it. I try to put him back after lights out and he refuses. He just grips tighter on my finger. He would rather sleep on my than in the tank so I let him for a little bit. He loves to dig his nose in to my neck or hand and fall asleep.
He hates kisses. He opens his mouth wide. I put my finger in and he bites own slightly then spits my finger out.
He goes crazy over dubia roaches and likes eating hie phoenix worms.
Still getting used to the daily routine. First thing with lights on (I can only see this on weekends), he flexes his beard a little. Within the first hour he eats a little veggies and drops a big poop.
He is extremely alert and looks very healthy.
I think he can tell my voice over others.

But the little baddie comes out once in a while. He runs off me, jumps off the couch and sprints somewhere across the floor so I have to chase or go find him.

He is adjusting well and I am so glad I got another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom