New Addition [Not a Dragon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Our latest addition is a spiny softshell turtle (no name yet). It's about 3 months old.
87978-952934195.jpg

87978-3948287070.jpg

Long story short, some lady thought they were cute and, took them from a lake (them meaning ....there WERE 3 at one time), then she moved and couldn't keep them. She gave them to her son which in turn knew nothing about them , leading to the death of the other two. I was going to take them all but when they cleaned the nasty tank they were in they found the other 2 dead. VERY sad!!!!
My intent is to feed a care for this one until I can release it in the spring, problem is everything I have read on these turtles says they need to be placed back in the area they came from. So it is possible I might have to keep it for a good while.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Aww, too bad it lost it's siblings but good thing it is in good hands now!

It looks white in the second picture?

-Brandon

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
I wonder if there is a wildlife rescue in your area. They might be able to have information on how to acclimate the turtle for a release back to the wild. Also you should check if it is legal for you to return an animal to the wild to keep your back covered.

He is a sweet cute little turtle. So glad you took him to keep him going

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom