New Addition [Not a Dragon]

If you just got a new beardie, introduce your beardie to the community! If you're a newcomer, say hello and introduce yourself.

New Addition [Not a Dragon]

Postby Gormagon » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:27 pm

Our latest addition is a spiny softshell turtle (no name yet). It's about 3 months old.
[Click image to enlarge]

[Click image to enlarge]

Long story short, some lady thought they were cute and, took them from a lake (them meaning ....there WERE 3 at one time), then she moved and couldn't keep them. She gave them to her son which in turn knew nothing about them , leading to the death of the other two. I was going to take them all but when they cleaned the nasty tank they were in they found the other 2 dead. VERY sad!!!!
My intent is to feed a care for this one until I can release it in the spring, problem is everything I have read on these turtles says they need to be placed back in the area they came from. So it is possible I might have to keep it for a good while.
The wonderful world of bearded dragons is a magical land of mystery, enchantment, cuddles, love and, worry! A mysterious realm where things always seem to change in an instant and, the moment you think you have it all figured out, the rules change! You think you own your dragon, guess again. You are now a slave!!!
RIP Peaches 10-1-18 Forever in my Heart
Gormagon
Extreme Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: New Addition [Not a Dragon]

Postby claudiusx » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:49 am

Aww, too bad it lost it's siblings but good thing it is in good hands now!

It looks white in the second picture?

-Brandon
Follow along with all my beardies. Check out my thread here!: Claud's Crew
P.S. We have lots of pictures ;)
claudiusx

Re: New Addition [Not a Dragon]

Postby DorgEndo » Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:43 am

I wonder if there is a wildlife rescue in your area. They might be able to have information on how to acclimate the turtle for a release back to the wild. Also you should check if it is legal for you to return an animal to the wild to keep your back covered.

He is a sweet cute little turtle. So glad you took him to keep him going
1 dragon Devlyn, 1 tree frog Charlie, 1 cat Greysie, & lots of plants
DorgEndo
Juvie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Introductions