Meet Link!

If you just got a new beardie, introduce your beardie to the community! If you're a newcomer, say hello and introduce yourself.

Meet Link!

Postby PathfinderMom91 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:20 pm

Hello!

I decided to jump back on the band wagon after losing my last baby. This time my husband and I went to a local reptile store instead of the local petsmart. I also decided to get one bigger and stronger looking as well. As soon as I got him set up, Link ate some greens from my hand and snacked on some mealworms. He even pooped. :)

[Click image to enlarge]

[Click image to enlarge]
PathfinderMom91
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Meet Link!

Postby AHBD » Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:41 pm

Hey, that's great, Link looks good + healthy ! I can see that he's a bigger one as well and looks like has a good appetite. :) Hopefully he'll have a long + happy life with you. Be sure to get some crickets, dubia + bsfl. The mealworms should only be offered a few at a time.

Is that the same bin that Pathfinder was in ? BTW, maybe a mod. can move this to the introduction forum. :)
AHBD
BD.org Sicko

Postby PathfinderMom91 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:04 pm

AHBD wrote:Hey, that's great, Link looks good + healthy ! I can see that he's a bigger one as well and looks like has a good appetite. :) Hopefully he'll have a long + happy life with you. Be sure to get some crickets, dubia + bsfl. The mealworms should only be offered a few at a time.

Is that the same bin that Pathfinder was in ? BTW, maybe a mod. can move this to the introduction forum. :)

Hello!

Yes! He seems a lot more alert too. I currently have him in the same bin while I wait for Amazon to ship me a reptile carpet for the 75 gallon. I’m getting some crickets tomorrow and I have 4 dozen super worms that the store suggested.
PathfinderMom91
Hatchling Poster

Postby AHBD » Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:09 pm

O.K., how big is Link and how big are the superworms ? Crickets would be much better, easier to gut load [ that means feed the crix a healthy diet before they are eaten so their gut is full of good veggies] Superworms are not quite as nutritious and you have to be careful of impaction or over eating + then Link vomiting.
AHBD
BD.org Sicko

Postby PathfinderMom91 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:21 pm

AHBD wrote:O.K., how big is Link and how big are the superworms ? Crickets would be much better, easier to gut load [ that means feed the crix a healthy diet before they are eaten so their gut is full of good veggies] Superworms are not quite as nutritious and you have to be careful of impaction or over eating + then Link vomiting.

He’s about 10 inch long and 51 grams. I guess I’ll give them occasionally as a treat. I can get Calci worms along with crickets at my local store.
PathfinderMom91
Hatchling Poster

Postby Claudiusx » Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:43 pm

Moved by Moderator from General to Introductions
Follow along with all my beardies. Check out my thread here!: Claud's Crew
P.S. We have lots of pictures ;)
Click here if you use a Sunblaster fixture - IMPORTANT
Claudiusx

Postby Claudiusx » Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:45 pm

Woohoo! Yay i'm happy for you!

Link looks like a nice plump boy!
Were you looking to get another dragon or did you happen to just go in and fall for him? :)

Anyways, glad to have you back. Looking forward to watching link grow up :)

-Brandon
Claudiusx

Postby PathfinderMom91 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:53 pm

claudiusx wrote:Woohoo! Yay i'm happy for you!

Link looks like a nice plump boy!
Were you looking to get another dragon or did you happen to just go in and fall for him? :)

Anyways, glad to have you back. Looking forward to watching link grow up :)

-Brandon

I just went in the store to take a look. I was missing the beardie cuddles. The owner had just received a shipment and he was putting them on display. He was the first one to go for his meal, so he won me over!
PathfinderMom91
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby JumpinJellyfish » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:43 am

Hooray!!! Congrats! :0)
Never knew I could get so happy about poop, or so comfortable with bugs. :-D
JumpinJellyfish
Juvie Poster

Postby PathfinderMom91 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:14 pm

I’ve had Link since Tuesday, he’s a bit skiddish, but that’s understandable. So far he’s eating every day, collard greens from my hand, worms and crickets. He’s had a bath and had been pooping every day. He’s currently shedding and as of now weighs 60 grams. We are all very excited!
PathfinderMom91
Hatchling Poster

Postby AHBD » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:36 pm

That's all so good to hear ! He has a dominant personality, spunky and great appetite. He will be a lot of fun and you will soon experience the joys of being eaten out of house + home, cleaning pooey messes that have been turned in to dragon artwork throughout the tank and glass surfing demands that you are not always able to decipher. :)
AHBD
BD.org Sicko

Postby PathfinderMom91 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:24 pm

AHBD wrote:That's all so good to hear ! He has a dominant personality, spunky and great appetite. He will be a lot of fun and you will soon experience the joys of being eaten out of house + home, cleaning pooey messes that have been turned in to dragon artwork throughout the tank and glass surfing demands that you are not always able to decipher. :)

Well he’ll fit right in with my kids! :)
PathfinderMom91
Hatchling Poster

Postby AHBD » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:29 pm

:lol:
AHBD
BD.org Sicko

Postby Claudiusx » Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:57 am

Sounds like he is doing great with you! :D

We need more pictures... :mrgreen:

-Brandon
Claudiusx

Postby PathfinderMom91 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:55 pm

claudiusx wrote:Sounds like he is doing great with you! :D

We need more pictures... :mrgreen:

-Brandon

[Click image to enlarge]

Here he is on my husband’s hand. He’s got quite a big hand so it’s cool to see how big Link is too. I wish I could post videos, I got a few of him eating. It’s so satisfying to see him devour his food!
PathfinderMom91
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Next

Return to Introductions