Introducing Lannan

If you just got a new beardie, introduce your beardie to the community! If you're a newcomer, say hello and introduce yourself.

Introducing Lannan

Postby MSMorgan » Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:00 pm

All,
A little late to the party, but better late than never. Lannan the BD and I have been reading and learning an enormous amount at BD.org over the past 5 months since he came home. First BD in the family and am quickly getting a grasp on the learning curve for this magnificent creature. I have established that he is a male (flashlight X-ray) and believe he is a hypo-translucent red/orange, but am unsure of his scaling. He does not appear to be a leatherback, but his scales seem to be reduced somewhat from other BD's. I understand this is a morph in the BD breeding community?

From the start, at approximately 6 weeks old, he has been a very docile BD. Recently, he moved into a 40 gal. breeder (Petco gallon sale) from his org. 20 gal. set up, while I decide what I want to build for his "big boy" home. He is eating well, pooping a lot and shedding like crazy. I've kept a chart of his progress from when he came home and he is steadily growing approximately .5" +/- per week and gaining 5g +/- per week as well. To date he is 15" long and 150g at 5 mo. old. I understand this is about average for BD's?

We love him and his quirky ways. We appreciate the forum and all that have contributed to it. I've attached a few pics of Lannan. If one of you can decipher his scaling, I'd like to figure it out. I appreciate any feedback and am hoping to learn all that I can to ensure that our little guy is as healthy and happy as possible while he is growing up. Again, thank you all for being a part of this community and your contributions to this site.

Take care,
MSM
[Click image to enlarge]
[Click image to enlarge]
[Click image to enlarge]
[Click image to enlarge]
[Click image to enlarge]
[Click image to enlarge]
[Click image to enlarge]
MSMorgan
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Introducing Lannan

Postby DragonPete » Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:57 am

Welcome from an even newer newbie! 😆

He is a very handsome boy! Love his color.

Since you've been reading for months you already know if you have any questions or issues, there are a multitude of experienced and helpful people here for you. Just ask.

-Dee
-Dee
DragonPete
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby Claudiusx » Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:15 am

Hey MSM,

Nice to see Lannan! He is quite a handsome boy! Looking forward to many more pictures of him :)

-Brandon
Follow along with all my beardies. Check out my thread here!: Claud's Crew
P.S. We have lots of pictures ;)
Click here if you use a Sunblaster fixture - IMPORTANT
Claudiusx

Postby JumpinJellyfish » Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:55 am

Welcome - he's lovely!
Never knew I could get so happy about poop, or so comfortable with bugs. :-D
JumpinJellyfish
Juvie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby AprilandXena » Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:34 am

Xena and I say Hello new parent, from an also new family. Can't wait to see how our little BD's grow. Lannan is VERY beautiful. My girl is very docile as well. It makes snuggles so much easier 😍
April and Xena
AprilandXena
Newbie Poster

Postby MSMorgan » Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:41 pm

All,
Thank you for you warm welcome. When I got home this evening 12/18/19, Lannan shed his back and lost his "tiger striping." It's interesting how the patters change as they age. I'll post a pic tomorrow (lights just went off) of his new "colors." He now has a light orange "rally stripe" starting from his head, running down his back, into his tail. Now, he looks more like a "Chester Cheeto." :mrgreen:
MSMorgan
Newbie Poster

Postby MSMorgan » Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:51 pm

All,
Thank you for you warm welcome. I'll post a few more pics soon as he just shed his full torso and his pattern appears different. Maybe it's just me.
MSMorgan
Newbie Poster

Postby Claudiusx » Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:31 am

:protest: WE WANT PICS :protest:

:D

-Brandon
Follow along with all my beardies. Check out my thread here!: Claud's Crew
P.S. We have lots of pictures ;)
Click here if you use a Sunblaster fixture - IMPORTANT
Claudiusx

- Advertisement -