Meet Mr.Pickle

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrPickle

Hello everyone!

First of all I would say, this site is great and I already like the community :)

This is our very first lizard. We've had dogs and cats before so this is a whole new world for us. Before buying we researched to find the best suited lizard for our family and fell in love with beardies. When we got to the store, Mr.Pickle got excited when he saw my daughter. He was scratching the window looking at her. It's like it was meant to be...

This is him on 3rd day with us. No stress whatsoever! Lol

106769-1590411608.jpg
106769-5882395524.jpg

We went for a "kit" made by Zoomed especially made for Beardies. It has 10.0 UVB reptisun and 100w basking spot lamp by zoomed. We only have the given thermometers for now. They are not analogic, but check both temp and humidity. I intend on buying more sophisticated ones as we go (turns out buying everything was more expensive than I had tought lol)

Temp is at 82,5 at the bottom of the tank, and 104 at the basking spot. Spots are open 12 hours a day.
Here is a pic of our vivarium (very minimalistic, but we'll adjust as we go).

106769-4488812629.jpg

He eats like a champ and loves to cuddle. He loves to be petted and hugged in a blanket at night time. This pic was taken this morning:

106769-6518855896.jpg

So far, everything seems good. But after reading about tail rot I got worried a bit. I will post a picture, maybe you can give me your opinions!

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Hi Mr Pickle! He is so cute!
Hopefully over time, my Petey will like being held and such.
Have a great day!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Welcome to the forum -- it is nice when they pick you :) --- 10.0 UVB reptisun is this a coil ? Your gonna want to get rid of it if it is--- they are not good ---- you will need a Reptisun 10.0 TUBE-- and I would look at getting a 24" fixture w/either a T 5 or a T 8 --- depending on what you get the T 5 or T8 will determine where you put it either in the tank or on top of screen---- next the substrate ? what is it? Please change it out if its loose --- to many risk for impaction and beardies lick everything --- you can get some textured non self adhesive shelf liner from your local home improvement store - its cheap and easy to clean w/ vinegar/ water 50/50 in a spray bottle ---- what are you feeding for diet? Accurate temps should be taken w/ a digital probe $5 from Petco or Petsmart --- and a infrared heat gun from your local home improvement store for around $10-12 --- you will use both----
The snuggling and closing of the eyes w/ your daughter is great -- it shows he trust her ---
Karrie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Welcome to the forum!

Mr. Pickle looks like he found a good home. He looks so happy in that first picture.

I saw your tail rot thread and I agree, nothing to really worry about :D

Looking forward to more pictures and stories.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom