Hello everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there everyone, hows it going?
I'm new here to the forums, but not completely new to keeping dragons. I had 2 in the past but had to rehome them due to family issues that came up as well as my apartment being wired in a way that makes no sense! Lol

Anyway I browsed craigslist in my area as I have been keeping tarantulas now and was looking for feeder roaches nearby and came across a post for an 8 year old male beardie with his entire set up for a steal of a price. The guy use to breed some with his grandson but now that he is retired and his wife is bout to retire and wanting to travel, he decided to sell what he had left.

Anyway I got my new boy Axle, his custom 48lx16wx15h enclosure, everything he had with the enclosure and a whole colony of dubia! 

I do need to do some upgrades to the lighting, as the uvb is not the best and the basking light seems too strong for the set up, as well as try to change out some things.

So now I'm up to this guy, 7 tarantulas, a dubia colony and a red runner colony Haha oh and 2 cats

106759-5876746345.jpg
106759-78775860.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Welcome to the forum--- what kind of UVB are you getting for the tank?
Karrie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Welcome to the site! Sorry you had to get rid of your dragons in the past. I've been there too.

Wow an 8 year old. It almost breaks my heart to think of getting rid of a dragon you've owned for 8 years! But I guess it makes sense if you're going to be traveling and have no time for the dragon anymore..
Glad you have him now though!

He looks great.

Looking forward to more pictures of him :)

-Brandon

BugCatcherTony

Original Poster
KarrieRee":xa2sm6nk said:
Welcome to the forum--- what kind of UVB are you getting for the tank?
Karrie

I’ll be ordering a reptisun 10.0 for the set up. Probably the HO t5 so I don’t have to install it inside the enclosure. Most of the top is a metal screen.

BugCatcherTony

Original Poster
claudiusx":tkjzi1qk said:
Welcome to the site! Sorry you had to get rid of your dragons in the past. I've been there too.

Wow an 8 year old. It almost breaks my heart to think of getting rid of a dragon you've owned for 8 years! But I guess it makes sense if you're going to be traveling and have no time for the dragon anymore..
Glad you have him now though!

He looks great.

Looking forward to more pictures of him :)

-Brandon

Yeah, I saw the post and was also wondering why he was selling an 8 year old dragon and the setup. He seems well cared for though, only thing is he hasn’t shown much interest in salad and I believe the guy said when I asked if he had any favorite veggies/fruits that he never really eats any and “dubias are his thing”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom