Introducing myself and Rhaegal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, I'm new here. I have a 11/2 year old bearded dragon Rhaegal. I had a girl before him that was sold to me sick and she passed 3 weeks after me purchasing her. It was very painful to see, my first experience as a bearded dragon owner. So with Rhaegal, I'm very observant of him. He is my baby and I adore him. I hate to go to work because I miss him alot. I take him out with me everywhere when the weather permits, he gets so much attention. Its truly a joy to have had the experiences I've had with him.
106733-2907184856.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm glad to see you're taking such good care of him and he's getting into some fun adventures =).

Thundercat48

Original Poster
I love doing different things with him. He is so calm when we go out, he doesn't try to jump off my shoulder or anything.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
That's one awesome Dragon!
I just wish Charlie would do that he barely let's us pick him up, lol!
Now Angel on the other hand, is alot like yours. She loves attention.

Thundercat48

Original Poster
Thank you. I would say just keep trying, one thing I learned is if they see that or notice they can convince you not to touch or pick them up they will not budge. I had a incident where I had just taken him out of the cage to pet him and hold him. He jumped out of my had on to the top of his cage and he was going towards the edge. I got really scared that he would jump off and hurt himself. He went to jump and I caught him. The way i caught him was from the top and i believe that sent him into defense. I was only trying to keep him from hurting himself. When u put him on my chest, his beard was black and he was mad at me. I googled how to calm him and they suggested to just try and handle him and calm him by petting him to assure him he was in no danger. At first I said what, he might bite me. But I got the courage to do it, scared to death?. I had put him on the floor shortly after I noticed the beard being black. What scared me was that he was hissing and his body was swollen. He would not let me near him. So I had to use his toy to get him back in cage. That's when I googled the question. That was a scary time. I've never seen him like that. But I had to assure him that I wasn't trying to harm him. So I say that to say, keep trying. Once he feels more comfortable he will let you pick him up more and more. I would love to have another, i just worry so much about him. I would have a head full of grey hair?. I'm still learning him, eventually I will. Good luck

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Welcome to the site!

Sorry to hear of your last dragon, im glad it didn't put you off of owning dragons :)

Rhaegal looks awesome. He clearly has a good beardie slave LOL

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom