Hi! I would like you to meet Murphy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scalebabymommy

This Is Murphy! We just got him last night and I already love him/her. Not actually sure yet.

He seems pretty calm, just kinda checking out his new digs.

Does this set up look ok? Right now there are paper towels for his substrate, but I will get ceramic/slate tiles soon. I have a probe thermometer on his basking side and the hydrometer closer to his water bowl/cool side. At 830am it was only reading at 81 degrees. (The 100w basking bulb turned on at 6am) When I use the infrared thermometer his basking surface is 107-109 with the other surfaces being around 75-80. Is this ok? He/she is about 2 or 3 months old. We have the t5 HO 10.0 UVB sitting diagonally across the top screen because the top has a plastic + across the top. It would be best to get a new screen soon without anything on top to block the uvb, right?
I’m also going to get him a few fleece strips so he can cuddle at night and dig at them if he wants.

Thanks in advance everyone! I’m really glad I found this page!!!

106550-5246215351.jpg

106550-3248887086.jpg

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

Welcome to the site! :)

Spyro is a cutey! Don't blink, they grow so quick!

What is the distance between your t5 and the basking surface? It very well might be fine on the screen depending on it's distance.

Was the digital probe left on his basking spot? They usually take 10 or 15 minutes to fully read the temperature accurately.

Looking forward to more pictures and stories of spyro :)

-Brandon

Scalebabymommy

Original Poster
claudiusx":10rxg46g said:
Hi there,

Welcome to the site! :)

Spyro is a cutey! Don't blink, they grow so quick!

What is the distance between your t5 and the basking surface? It very well might be fine on the screen depending on it's distance.

Was the digital probe left on his basking spot? They usually take 10 or 15 minutes to fully read the temperature accurately.

Looking forward to more pictures and stories of spyro :)

-Brandon

The t5 is about 8 inches above and about 9 inches over from the basking spot. It goes across the entire enclosure though. The basking bulb is about 12 inches about the basking spot, it’s sits all the way inside the dome. It has been on all day and it is only reading 87 degrees :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom