Hello im Tas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tasnene

Hatchling Member
Hi I got my first bearded dragon. She is a hypo zero and her name is Yeti. Mostly I’ll be reading since I need to know a lot of information. She mostly just stays in her basking area and I haven’t had her long. I haven’t held her yet, I only had her for 3 day. I’m worried because she only eats if I hand feed her and tomorrow I get out of work late. MY goal is to give her a tank filled with real plants and soil in Jan. This is a current picture of her tank any advice I would appreciate it. her basking are is a gradient of 90s to 110f

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

Welcome to the site!
I went ahead and removed your other thread :)
In the future if you want your thread removed you can just report the post and ask for it to be removed :)

What a great name for a hypo zero! I cant wait to see Yeti!

What does the temperature get to on that basking platform under the heat bulb? Looks to be pretty close to the bulb but it may just be the picture.

-Brandon

Tasnene

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hi :D right now her basking area is 104, she refuses to go anywhere else around the tank. its rare when she does. Maybe i'm paranoid. its her 3rd day with me. she has a grey tint and I hope its not due to stress, i'm hoping its shedding. she only ate one bug today and a few pieces of salad... all hand fed which makes me nervous. tomorrow will be her fist day a lone so I hope she eats. when I try to hold her she runs, so I haven't held her because I don't want her to be stressed. so right now i'm reading up on all the problems i'm having.

Goodness! What a gorgeous, happy, baby! (Stress is typically shown through chain-like markings on their underside and jaw.)

As for the hand-feeding only, I wouldn't even sweat it! Some do prefer hand-feeding, but it's likely she'll become more interested in bugs running around at some point or another. Beardies like to change their mind from: "Hey, I want hand-fed!" to "Hey, get that hand-thing away from me, I want my crickets on the ground!"

For salads, I'd totally start putting BSFL (Black Soldier Fly Larvae) in the salad dish and the movement could stimulate the beardie to eat them and, hopefully, the greens too!

My own beardie tends to avoid eating greens from my hand, eats veggies from my hand, avoids eating bugs from my hand (most of the time), and will snap down on fruits from my hand.

Hope this helps!

Tasnene

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks yep that’s my little girl.... good I was worried she was stressed hmmmm maybe she’s shedding then . I’m going to make another run to pet land . She only ate one med size Dubai Roach ..... only one ☹️and little pieces of collard greens. I been watching tons of videos on what to do cause she not eating the amount of bugs she’s suppose to. My temperatures are correct, I was told maybe she’s not because of the temperatures.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Remember they can go through relocation stress of up to a week or two. It's very common for them to not want to eat very much if at all during this time. But as they settle in and start feeling more comfortable, their appetites will start to increase too :)

One of mine really didn't start eating the "normal" amount you hear of, until the 2nd or 3rd week! He ate good the first day, and the second day, and then basically nothing the rest of the week. By week 2 he started to slowly eat more and more.
And I've had others who eat great right from the get go.

They all have their own little personalities, just like we do :)

-Brandon

Tasnene

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Omg thank you soooo much ! Cause google made me believe she will die of starvation this week if she does not eat this week . 1 bug a day if I’m lucky she will eat ....and I’m watching videos where they eat up to 10 then I feel like a crappy parent lol . I now realize I’m her slave cause after I feed her bits here and there (cause that’s all she will do) she will turn her back on me instantly breaking my heart ?lol I’m trying so hard to win her affection lol.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Haha,

Trust me, it's like going on webMD when you have a cough.... lung cancer! LOL

The internet tends to like to show you the worst possibility, instead of the most probable possibility, but that's what we are here for :)

The affection will come, it takes time sometimes. Once again, with my guy Tombo I feel like I didn't really win him over until just recently, and i've had him for nearly a year now. And still, I think he just tolerates me lol. But another one of mine seemed to be very sweet with me from day 1, and still is. It's the beauty of them, they are all different :)

-Brandon

Tasnene

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Lol you just made me feel hopeful ! I’m almost home from work so I’ll be begging and pleading in hopes she eats. But I really appreciate this conversation cause I can’t tell you how much reading I did before getting her and when I did all the information I got wasn’t as good as I thought it was .

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yup unfortunately that's how it goes sometimes :/ But, experience is the best teacher and you will continue to grow and learn as you spend more and more time with Yeti :D

-Brandon

Tasnene

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Do you have pictures posted of yours ? Right now I tried to get her to eat but she just went back to sleep lol she sleeps weird too . She’s a weirdo just like her mom lol

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah I do here's my thread for my crew :)
viewtopic.php?f=49&t=250858

Babies really do tend to sleep in the weirdest of positions. I love when they are that young. So full of personality I wish they didn't grow so quick lol.

-Brandon

Tasnene

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Wow I never seen one that looks like Tombo before ! The colors are awesome ! Yeah I’m definitely going to take as much pictures of her as I can before she grows to quick lol

Don't be too worried about affection.

When I got Cooper, she took a little bit to warm up to me, as she had a VERY traumatic experience e
very early on. Once she reached bout 6 months and knew who I was and that I was her safety net, she came around.

I got Smaug and he was already a bit over a year old, bounced from home to home. Once he settled in and saw I was there for the long haul, he became my scaly buddy.

Dragons accept you on their time, not yours. Feed them, love them, care for them. Eventually, they will come around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom