Saying hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fudge

Hi,
Waited until now to introduce Fudge ? to be honest I wasn't a 100% sure we were going to make it!
Our little guy\girl? Wasn't in the best shape arriving home.
Mainly due to me! Definitely a case of heart over head...a stronger and bigger one sitting basking under a lamp or the little bitty skinny one who made eye contact and scurried over to me? Needless to say it was the latter I couldn't leave him\her there! And the name? "looked like a wee stick of fudge" tan and skinny.

106337-6326955990.jpg
First day home, heart on the log is an inch and 1\4 long (just for size variable)

106337-7352161039.jpg
A week later.

106337-8909938964.jpg
I'm shedding where's my misting slave?

106337-6639046739.jpg

Shedded and feeling good on my cushion running around pooping and eating (always seems to be in that order)
106337-2141116881.jpg

This is fudge now a month in with us! Loved more than I could have thought possible. . Pampered to the extreme!!
And I am so grateful to this site.
Read up prior to getting him\her, tank set up and had it up and running long before fudge came home..if it hadn't been for this place I probably would have made many many mistakes and listened to the pet shop employees. . Instead I digested what was here, followed the advice and ended up with a cheeky, demanding and very lovable sociable scamp . . Thank you all for helping me raise my baby bearded ?

You listened to your beardie, you let it choose you. That is a very important step, as Fudge will be a member of your family for years. Fudge chose you. That is what it is all about!

My girlfriend did the same thing; we went to several stores and each/every one produced nothing. The last store we went to (always seems to work that way!), this little beardie wouldn't take her eyes off my girlfriend, and followed her across the glass front. That little girl came home with us.

Moral of the story: Fudge chose you to be its family (just like our little girl did) and that is the best kind of joy!

Fudge

Original Poster
Moral of the story: Fudge chose you to be its family (just like our little girl did) and that is the best kind of joy![/quote]

It truly is a joy ? May your little girl thrive and be happy....
Looked under fudges tail ( not amused with that manoeuvre ) but nothing to show :shock:
Now going to see if there's pictures of your little girl :D

Linzloohoo

Hatchling Member
Welcome fudge! What a cutie. And looks so much healthier now, because of you!
Kai’s story is exactly the same as yours. We went in looking for the biggest healthiest beardie. In the tank were a bunch of little guys, and one huge I’m guessing 4-5 month old. So we said oh we have to take that big guy, but when trying to hold him he wasn’t having it and took off. We noticed the smallest little guy was very curious watching us and up against the glass, so we held him and he was perfectly content to sit in our hand. Even though he was the smallest, we chose him (or he chose us). I was worried at first that he wouldn’t do well since he was so tiny, but he is now 4 months old and thriving!
Our little (not so little anymore!) Kai
105680-1341158976.jpg

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there!

What a great story! Fudge looks great now. You're obviously doing something right :)

Looking forward to more pics of the cutey.

-Brandon

Fudge

Original Poster
Thank you for the welcome Linzloohoo,
Our stories are very similar, and your answer has given me such a positive boost.
Kai looks so handsome and healthy :D
It can be done!
Being new to the whole raising a bearded dragon has been a bit daunting :?
But reading about and seeing Kai has made me feel a lot more positive about my wee scrap :D
Slante'

Fudge

Original Poster
Hi Brandon,
Thanks for your message, not sure about doing things right?? :?
Honestly!
I was a nervous wreck, this wee scrap was now dependent on me! Thank goodness for the info in these forums.
Slante'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom