Re-introduction from an old member.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a returning Beardie slave; originally I joined in 2011 when I got my little girl, Cooper. Sadly, she passed way too young at just 2 years old in March of 2013.
Since then, in December of 2013, I adopted a male Beardie who had been passed from home to home (and was about 2 years old at the time). Coming to me, I gave him the name Smaug and he was a GREAT guy. Sadly he passed in Mid-November of 2018 due to being mistreated my my ex while I was on the road. By the time I reclaimed him, he was too far gone to save and at least he passed with his dad.

I am back as my girlfriend and I just picked up an 8-week old female. She was a pet-store lizard, and she chose Lana (my girlfriend). We had been shopping/looking for pets for a little bit. Every store we went to, she had to hold the dragons. None seemed too keen on this, and some were downright hostile. We stopped into one store late in the evening, and she went to the Beardie terrariums. This little girl wouldn't take her eyes off Lana and followed her every move. Lana asked the clerk if she could hold the beardie, and when she did the beardie snuggled right up to her. Guess what happened then? Yup, said beardie girl came home with us! She has been great the last 3 days, and I (and Lana) look forward to many happy years with her.

The little girls name is Marline, and as soon as we are able, we'll post pictures of her. Thanks in advance for welcoming me back, and us into the community.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Welcome back to the site! :D

I'm sorry to hear about your other two. But how exciting about your new girl. It's always special when the dragon seems to choose us instead of the other way around :)

Looking forward to the pictures! :)

-Brandon

Coopersdad

Original Poster
Pictures will likely come from her mom, who just registered here. Preciousmarline is her screen name (I think anyway :D ).

Having beardies before, I kinda know what to expect. Having Marline choose her, my girlfriend is ecstatic about having her. She already loved to hang out on my girls arm, and will pop up every time she hears my girls voice. They have already bonded. It's cool when the beardie chooses you (both of mine were chosen by me).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whokiry weth
Top Bottom