Just bought two new babies !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tylamarie

Hey guys ! I just bought two baby bearded dragons for the first time (I’ve always wanted them). Now, I always thought they needed a friend In their tank with them as that’s what I’ve seen with my friends who’ve had them. Reading through articles online however tell me this is risky and they might not like eachother as they grow. What do you guys think of this ?

Honestly any advice is appreciated. They’re not eating too much, which I assume is expected as they’ve only been in my home for two days. I bought the “zoo med” 20 gallon tank with a 10 UVB bulb and a heating bulb as well. There’s also a under tank heating pad under a section of the tank opposite to their food & water.
Am I doing anything wrong ? Any suggestions ? Thank you For reading :)

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Welcome to the site! :mrgreen:

Congrats on your two new dragons! How exciting. :D

They really should have their own enclosures. They are pretty solitary creatures by nature, quite territorial. Usually one thrives and the other just tries to survive. It can be accomplished by experienced keepers (keepers that know the signs to watch out for and have an extra setup on hand just in case) but there really is no benefit to the dragon to be housed with another dragon.

So my vote would be to seperate them. :)

By the way, we love pictures here so make sure you share some with us :) We especially love baby beardie pictures :D

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matthewsalecia2015
Top Bottom