Beardie and family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sur3fir3

Im Rob, my girlfriend is Tia, and this is a pic of our new beardie.

106255-8268500906.jpg

he/she does not have a name yet as we are still observing its attitude.

We live in AZ, and bought him from an Expo from LLLReptile. I will post a pic of the setup this weekend when I get back home. I work in a different city during the week.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Welcome to the site Rob, Tia, and to-be-named baby dragon :D

How exciting. I bet the reptile expo was fun. What made you decide to go with LLL, and what made you decide to pick up this girl?

Looking forward to more pics of her :D

-Brandon

sur3fir3

Original Poster
It was actually very simple why we picked this beardie. It has a tail nip, and was very inexpensive. My girlfriend had a choice of up to $300, and she decided that she liked this simple Red Beardie with a tail nip. I told her that the guy was just trying to dump a baby on her, but it was her decision, and she said she wanted the red one even after looking at all the others. She doesnt like Zero, witblits, nor dunner. She does like Hypo Citrus Red and Leatherback. She has been looking into breeding. She is thinking of getting a Citrus Red Trans Leatherback. I had to explain breeding and genes and why certain genes are worth more than others. Really I think she has become a Herper now and I am very proud.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Cool!

It's always nice when our SO shares our love for these guys :D

-Brandon

sur3fir3

Original Poster
Definitely. When we first got together she wouldn't even go near my snakes. Now she takes em out during the week to hold them while I am in a different city working during the week. She has been great and helps me out with them all the time. I've slowly been training her on how to take care of snakes, and now that she has her own beardie she is learning about him. Her daughter is still scared of reptiles though. Her daughter is afraid of our bearded dragon. lol

(Her daughter is 20)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom