My new Witblit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys so I finally picked up my little guy today from Air Canada Cargo, I thought since you guys are pretty much responsible for helping get his new home setup just right for him, you might wanna meet him!

106171-7488184254.jpg

I haven't named him yet but Im thinking of Ares, he's a Witblit from Capital Dragons (absolutely amazing service from these breeders btw), he felt cold when I opened the box so I popped him in the tank right away to warm up, he looks good tho no tail nips or anything.

Anyway he was supposed to come in this morning but his flight was cancelled and I honestly almost started crying cause I thought my little guy was gonna be stuck in the cargo warehouse all night. I called Air Canada Cargo and managed to get him on the next flight out to Winnipeg ASAP! If I didnt call and get them to change the flight they were gonna send him at 7pm so he wouldn't get here till 9pm and the Air Canada Cargo in my city closes at 6pm. He would have froze!

Anyway sorry for the long story I was quite scared this morning, but id like you guys to know he is safe and unharmed, and you guys are basically responsible for giving me all the info to make this guy happy! Thank you

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Congrats on your new baby! My Moro is a witblits too :)

Shipping is always stressful but luckily you worked it out!

Looking forward to seeing your little guy thrive with you :)

-Brandon

daveferns1

Original Poster
Thank you guys! He ate 20 or so crickets on his first day after letting him warm up. I love watching him hunt but I dont like when crickets get out in the tank.

I tried a separate feeding bin for him with his first feeding after using tongs for a few crickets. He didnt seem too stressed at first, kinda checked out the feeding bin for abit, managed to get him to eat 2-3 in there but then I think he wanted out so I finished with tongs in his tank.

Not sure if I should try continue at least trying to feed him in there, it would definitely be easier.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
You can feed him in the tank one at a time - that way its easier to keep count on how many hes eating and they arent loose in the tank afterwards- -- you can also switch to dubias as well - they are easier to feed and care for than crickets - if you would like websites for those just ask -- or info on them
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom