Breeder Recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.

ekraay

Hi All,

I am going to purchase a new bearded dragon for my son. I've read the tips/care sheets and they recommend I avoid petco and reptile shows and buy a dragon from a breeder. My question to the community, is there a shortlist of reputable breeders you can recommend? I'm in the SF Bay area.

Color isn't that important to me, but my son does seem to want a red dragon. I think he can be talked out of that. Price is less important than the animals' health.

Kind regards,

Ed

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi Ed,

Are you looking for someone local or is shipping an option for you? A lot of really good reputable breeders will ship, and that's probably what I'd recommend. The worst part is the anxiety you have waiting for them to show up :D

-Brandon

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I don't know of any breeders in that area. There is a breeder out of Ohio, who I have been
working with. She has tested her dragons for adeno & has worked very hard in doing so &
does have a negative colony.
I highly recommend her. Here is her link if you want to contact her:

https://bloodmoondragons.com/

Tracie

ekraay

Original Poster
Thanks Tracie for the recommendation! I will check it out.

Hi Brandon - yes - shipping is an option. I saw Daichu recommended elsewhere - although that is a long way to ship.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's one of the breeders id recommended. I bought one of my girls from them. It's all overnight air so it doesn't really matter where in the us you are, they all have about the same shipping times.

-Brandon

BrightStar

Hatchling Member
I strongly recommend 7thgalaxydragons.com
I did a huge amount of research back in August, when looking to get a new baby beardie after my first dragon died very unexpectedly at only 3 years old. I emailed a lot of breeders, with temperament and health being my priority when making a selection. Ryan at 7th Galaxy Dragons was beyond helpful, sent pictures of my baby and his parents and answered all my questions. There is also a lot of good information on the 7thgalaxydragons website. Ordering was very simple, and my baby arrived safe and well. Walter is growing like a weed and eating hundreds of roaches a week. Haven’t seen a black beard or a stress mark on him yet, and he is very confident and curious. he’s a little nervous of being handled, and a bit skittish, but this is pretty normal for baby dragons, and he gets tamer and tamer every day/

ekraay

Original Poster
Thanks for the recommendation Brightstar. I went with Bloodmoondragons because my son wanted a non-leatherback and most of the others I saw were leatherbacks. It comes on Thursday.

I bought a female - is that a problem later due to egg binding? I don’t plan to breed. I thought females might be mellower.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Sweet how exciting!
Do let us know once she shows up. We want pictures! :mrgreen:

Not all females will produce infertile eggs. Some do, some don't. If she does, simply make her a lay box and let her do her thing :)

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom