My first Bearded Dragon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

arcadia1216

Original Poster
Well, he watched me put his bowl with veggies down and he cocked his head a little like "what are you doing now human?" But he's ignoring both me and the bowl. I know he sees it because its sitting on a rock just in sight of his basking branch. Honestly I'm feeling a little frustrated at the moment because I want him to get the nutrients he needs to grow.

Good news is though my new tube light shipped today so hopefully i'll have it within the week. I'm just really worrying about how little he's eaten since Saturday. We don't know how much or how little he was fed at Petsmart but he;s been with us since Saturday so he should be eating something at least.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
As long as hes eating -- let him stare at the bowl w/ the crawlys inside - it will get his attention- mine will circle the wagon (the bowl) listening to the bugs inside the bowl then he will peek in and look -- it is funny to watch him - he is in and out of the bowl several times- I am bought a bowl from symton.com its white and bugs cant get out -- I got the medium size one-- here is a pic of Blaze in bowl when I had him in his 20 gallon tank
97951-7323218365.jpg
he is now in a 120 gallon tank --
Karrie

arcadia1216

Original Poster
Hi! I just wanted to update you on Dinraal; I bought him a glass bowl and prepped his veggies like you told me to and he did eat a few of his greens! Not as much as I would have liked, but some is better than ignoring it.

I'm also getting his new light fixture today so that's getting fixed.

Yesterday he ate a LOT of roaches and has been exploring his tank environment a lot more and I've been holding him for a few minutes every few hours or so just to get him used to being handled!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
That is good --- keep up w/ the vegies in the morning sprinkled w/ the small supers and BSFL--- that will keep him coming to bowl and its better that he some vegies than none and yes he will eat a lot of roaches as that is his main diet --- but as long as hes in that bowl getting the grubies and supers he will eat vegies too -- mine is up to around 24 small / day fed in morning and afternoon--- he is really porking out! :)
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom