Hello from Montreal

Status
Not open for further replies.

rorielly

Hello everyone. Meet Dash, the beardie we got for my 8 year old son but to be honest, I feel like he’s my pet. He was 6 weeks when we got him, now almost 9 weeks.

What a cutie! I’ve never thought of having a reptile as a pet before but glad I have now. Pretty stressful initially worrying about literally everything (is he eating enough, is he pooping enough, is he getting good uv, is it hot enough, is it cool enough, is he hydrated...lol the list goes on)

The pet store told me to feed mealworms because that’s what they were feeding and I started to, then read that’s not great, so i switched over to crickets for the last couple of weeks. He loves crickets, apple, cantaloupe, but is finicky about spring mix salad and so so with squash. Things are going well I think!. Now he’s mega shedding. Looks like he’s falling apart haha.

106070-8765859059.jpg
106070-6050175023.jpg
106070-5386893018.jpg

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Welcome! :D

Dash is a cutesy! Sounds like hes eating well :)

Make sure to ask if you have any questions. It can definitely be a bit overwhelming in the beginning but things calm down as I'm sure you've seen :)

-Brandon

rorielly

Original Poster
thanks! Once he got settled in and I got the temps right, he perked up and has been a very active little guy.

I had to switch to a 150W ceramic (had 100W) because the temps on his basking area of the log were low 90s. Now it's max around 105-107.

My setup:
40gal tank (18"x36")
Repisun 10.0 HO tube UV light (had to place on top because it doesn't fit inside)
150W ceramic heater

I've since added some paper on the inside because he was glass surfing a lot because of his reflection. Then he decided he wanted to see his reflection and would go to the top and look over the paper! I removed the paper on one side, and he immediately glass surfed, but has settled down about it now. Eventually, I'll add a background and a different subtrate. Leaning toward some sort of tile (linoleum maybe?).
106070-4744885289.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whokiry weth
Top Bottom