Meet Thanos!

Status
Not open for further replies.

theyellowlabrador

Original Poster
I'll look into the uvb T5 instead of the T8 and see what we can sort out. His basking spot light is at an angle so it's beams shine both on his rock and the high branch and the uvb goes across the top of the whole tank including above the basing lamp.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
So if he can get to the 8 inches from the UVB when hes under his basking lamp he should be good -- you wouldnt need to change it out - so hes getting both lights if hes under the basking light? and at 8 inches? The forum recommends that full length UVB bulbs not be installed --- usually 2/3 of the tank is recommended -- I have a 4x2x2 and only use a 24" in my tank --- it is a T 5 w/ a Arcadia bulb 14% inside the tank and appox 13 inches from his basking spot-- he seems to be ok w/ the distance as that is a good strong bulb-- keep an eye on his behavior ---
Karrie

theyellowlabrador

Original Poster
Arcadia T5 Pro UVB kit ordered :). Thank you for your help with this issue. Also today he has decided he likes to be fed with the tweezers and has eaten 7 locust and a small waxworm yeah - think we may have a lazy beardie on our hands?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
So the T 5 you ordered is it full length as well or did you shorten it up ? Sounds like you got some one who likes being pampered ---
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok so the T 5 can go on top of the tank --- if you want it too - just make sure he has 10-12 " from the basking area -- how tall is your tank ? If its 24" it will need to go inside the tank --- you just need the UVB 10-12 inches from basking area and the cover off the bulb---
Karrie

theyellowlabrador

Original Poster
? Thank you again. He's really happy tonight and I have just fed him 3 small pieces of veg (kale and rocket) by hand so definitely wanting to be pampered :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom