Hello and thank you from Rajah and I

Hi everyone, I just wanted to thank you all for providing so much valuable and detailed information. I bought Rajah a couple months ago at the end of June from a large chain petstore as I didn't know any better. He was only a couple weeks old and 3 inches and malnourished looking. ?. I was talking to a teenage employee who didn't seem to know anything about them. But I had raised a turtle so I knew enough to get the right equipment and found this site immediately helpful with the proper lighting and feeding. So Rajah has always been a huge eater. Like he eats many times a day. He was raised on live tiny crickets and after a few weeks I switched to Phoenix Worms, which I love. He goes through 400 every two weeks as well as crickets and silkworm pupae and small super worms on days I'm waiting for Phoenix worms. Still won't eat his greens but I make him a salad every day and also feed the wormies. He goes to the bathroom every day. Anyways Rajah is now three months and one week old and because of all the great advice he is not only thriving but he is enormous. He is pushing fourteen inches. He does have a long tail, and his head is two inches wide. He's my baby and I am so happy to have this site as a resource. ?
Here are some photos including one from a week or so ago, excuse the shed in progress. He's a very interesting orange color with stripes, hence his name ?.
105973-6925536683.jpg

105973-6466822796.jpg

105973-9637544066.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It looks like he's doing wonderfully under your care. He's lucky to have found his way to you. It's always heartwarming to see positive stories like this on here. Thanks for posting this update =)

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

How great! :)
I'm glad you decided to join up and post this. We love hearing things like that and love pictures!
Rajah definitely looks like hes doing great with you. Looks like he lucked out with you :)

-Brandon

Tinasdragon

Original Poster
Thanks everyone...this guy finally mostly shed this morning...now he looks like a little ? again. His foot is normal he was just splayed out before I started taking photos lol.
105973-1595681557.jpg

Tinasdragon

Original Poster
Getting the look because I'm sticking my phone in his face per usual...(and not even getting a flattering angle ?). Cutest little fat pumpkin. ??

105973-111149541.jpg

Tinasdragon

Original Poster
Okay last photo for right now sorry for the Rajah spam...another photo of baby Rajah back in June...with his little baby belly. I can't believe how quickly they grow.
105973-6187644889.jpg

Tinasdragon

Original Poster
Rajah is three and a half months old now and I just moved him to adult enclosure. Haven't really set it up yet except his basics and lighting. Only photo before he went right to his rock hide...all overwhelmed like. Not too overwhelmed to miss dinner... although he was spoon fed while he just poked his head out of rock hide lol.

105973-2558818450.jpg

Pumpkin pancake photo for fall.
105973-5216745338.jpg

Tinasdragon

Original Poster
105973-8549324246.jpg

Look at this little ?... he's getting darker. Little leggies and tail going to shed shortly. He's getting better about being handled but still wriggles and scratches sometimes. Seems to like his head stroked and the sides of his head. Usually settles down after a few moments...would prefer to not have weird little beardie scratches all over my hands though!!

Tinasdragon

Original Poster
105973-6661957037.jpg

Rajah spilled his juvenile kibble everywhere. He's never so much as sniffed of it but I keep it in there anyways while I'm at work. He still won't touch salad. I mean he's about four months old now. I haven't measured him but I feel like he's fricking big for his age... He's for sure over 14 inch. He's outgrown Phoenix worms...like he literally downs over 100 large a day...now he's getting mostly silkworms and silkworm pupae and crickets which is working out better but like damn he eats them like crazy too. But he's always been this way even when he was tinee tiny...he would eat I don't even know how many itty bitty crickets and Phoenix worms a day. He loves to eat ??‍♀️

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Looking good!
The silkworms are a great feeder. Looks like rajah is definitely enjoying them haha!

-Brandon

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom