Hey, everyone. Meet my first bearded dragon, Faedra :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

faedra

I've had pets in the past - a couple dogs, a few hamsters, parakeets, a turtle (that's still well and alive today) - but I've had Faedra for just under a month now, and she's quickly shaping up to be my favorite, supplanting the turtle. Guess I'm a reptile person.

105975-3277285816.jpg

105975-555285681.jpg

Here's also a video of her eating silkworms: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXej3SIeEiQ

She's been enjoying her bioactive setup for three weeks so far. She's active, alert, even affectionate, and has a voracious appetite.

I lurked here a good couple weeks before going forward with Faedra and her enclosure, so this is also a thank you to the community. Looking forwarded to learning more about bearded dragons and their care, and hopefully making contributions of my own to the pot.

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Very nice. The succulents look familiar; how are the humidity levels in there, and how are you taking/monitoring them? :?:

faedra

Original Poster
MrSpectrum":3q3r2c8r said:
Very nice. The succulents look familiar; how are the humidity levels in there, and how are you taking/monitoring them? :?:
With the heat lamp on, it's fairly dry. Today it was 34% under the basking lamp, then around 55% in the cool side with the mint and rosemary, when I checked after getting home from work.

Right now she's sleeping with the mint and rosemary, and it's 77F with 43% humidity in that spot.

Right now is actually pretty humid for southern california. Where I live, right now at 9pm, it's 71F outside at 70% humidity, so I'm lucky it's not higher in her enclosure. (I tend to run the AC at night in my apartment, which helps the humidity situation.)

I use three thermometers and one hygrometer - an infrared temp gun, an exo terra digital probe temp, and a zoo-med digital combination thermometer/hygrometer. I like to make sure my instruments are operating consistently, so I use the thermometers to keep each other honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnstorm07
Top Bottom